Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old October 9th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 7
Shadow Shack Citizen
Default Pre-Flight Checks

> preferably CT, but I'm just looking for something official from somewhere if push comes to shove

Is there a canon ruling for preflight checks? As in how many minutes/hours does it take to prep a ship for lift off (or launch from an orbital station, whichever the case may be)? And if so are there penalties for a quick dust-off? Personally I'd like to think it's not measured in days as was the case with the NASA launches, but at the same time I would be disappointed to learn it was "just hop into the cockpit and go" like we see on TV & movies.

Unless there's a canon rule I'm inclined to use something to the effect of (1D per 100DT)+2D minutes.

Currently portraying Nico 'the Kid' Layne in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP game

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.