Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
graymask1120 Citizen
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

So, I'm rereading AN the other week, as there's something about it that bugs me, but I don't know what.

Then I find it: no LHy in the drive, and no fuel tankage...My brain working the way it does, I start thinking:

*If the AN uses a capacitor bank to run its Jump drive, and all it needs is energy, and based on the apparent dimensions of the drive unit and capacitor bank on the deckplans -- why not install multiple J-Drive/Capacitor bank units?

*Doing so would allow a ship with three separate J-3 drive units (for ex) to make three consecutive J3's(9 parsecs, total) in a little over 3 weeks before needing to recharge.

All that is required is that the ship much have c.3-4 weeks of consumables aboard.

The only unkown is whether the capacitors can hold the charge for that length of time.

....."Suppressed Technology"© anyone? I wonder what the Zho's would pay for that? [img]graemlins/file_22.gif[/img]

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.