Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old July 23rd, 2021, 10:43 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+
Default Help picking a character

one of the guys I play with has a 90's era WWIII RPG (Cant recall the games name) that has lots of character generation options from simple points & Package builds through to a "Life Path"system, anyway we are getting ready to play once Lock downs and Border Closures are resolved (one player is trapped interstate and an other OS). the GM had us each make a bunch (Five each)of characters and we are allowed to pick one provided they fitted his requirements that where the following 1. US Army, 2. No Officers, 3. No Spech Opps.

We had to use the Random Lifepath method, though it provides interesting and potentially formidable characters you can end up with characters with low grade skills all over the place if you cant keep a job and take up strange hobies

Two of my characters came out ineligible one being a Civilian Spook and the other a Parachute Qualified Ranger Officer, so I can't play either

that leaves me with three who we will call "Doc", "Clark"and "Orphen"

"Doc"is the son of a Pharmacist and a Nurse as a kid he was in the Scouts where he got all the first aid and Community Service Merit Badges and most of the Science and Naturalist ones too. starting in Jr High he worked part time in the family Pharmacy, in High School he worked school holidays at the local hospital as a Wards-man. After High School (where he graduated on the academic Honor Roll) he left the scouts when he went to Collage where he did a Double Degree (Pre-Med & Pharmacology) he volunteered with both the red cross and the St Johns Ambulance and kept his Holiday job at the Hospital. he graduated collage in the top group of his class but couldn't round up enough scholarships to pay for Med or Graduate school. after Collage he took a full time job at the family pharmacy, he still volunteered with the red cross and the St Johns Ambulance and joined a Lodge (the Knights of Malta). six months later he was Drafted and made a Medic.

"Doc" is better than the "Quack Doctor" NPC Template in all Medical Skills, roughly equal to a Med School Honors Graduate in Doctoring but is really elite when it comes to 1st aid and his Pharmacology skills are equal to someone with a Masters Degree, but apart from the Everyman skills he dosn't know much outside of Medicine and Pharmacy type skills. his Physical state are upper Average, Mentals are top draw and his Socials are above average. the Army has made him a Grade 5 Surgical Technician (Medic)

"Clark" is the son of an office worker and a former secretory turned home maker, he was an above average student, though a Scout he wasn't a good one only scoring a few Art and Music Merit badges after the basic ones before quitting some time in jr High, he bounced around a number of sports and other hobbies picking up a few instruments and polished his art skills. after school he went to trade school where he trained as a office Clerk and got a diploma in Civil Administration, he did a couple of courses in office equipment maintenance. he hustled pool and cards from time to time till he was Drafted he is Qualified as an Assistant Gunner on every Machine-gun from the BAR to the M2 (he is a better shot than the Machine Gunner NPC Template but dosen't have the "Feats"to act as a primary gunner) and is qualified as a Grade 6 Armour. his Physical stats are upper average, Mentals and Socials are all upper average or above average.

It's late where I am and I should have bean in bed hours ago so I'll post the Orphan in the coming days.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.