Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old January 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Ishmael Citizen
Default Various ideas I care to share.....

I've thought about a different way to handle damage for MT. I've always liked the way stiker/AHL handled damage with 2d6+pen-Ar and wanted to try something along those lines with MT's combat. But I also prefer MT's combat over others because severity of damage depends on how much better your roll on the task is.

So I will try this.

(amount the task roll was made by)+1d6+pen-armor and use the table from AHL
the 1d6 could be used as a hit location roll
6=head
5=chest
4=abdomen
3=leg
2=arm
1= a scratch.

The final number - 3 could be the hits taken, to correspond with the AHL table

<4=no effect.................4 thru 7 is a light wound ( possible unconsious )
4= 1 hit.......................8 thru 11 is a major woulnd ( unconsious )
5= 2............................12 is death
6= 3
7= 4...........................use first aid rules immediately for long running battles
8= 5...........................( most combat ends before any major change occurs )
etc.

I still am looking for something this easy yet using MT's dam value somehow...but figured using bullet momentum

Last edited by Ishmael; January 27th, 2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: change title of thread to make it more accurate to my purposes for it

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.