Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Cepheus Engine > Cepheus General

Cepheus General General discussion of Cepheus Engine products.

Old May 12th, 2019, 01:15 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymin View Post
It's going well so far. I think I have found a problem with the sample ship.
In the section on Low berths it says "A low berth displaces 0.5 tons and costs MCr0.05."
But in the sample ship section it says "the low berths displace 0.5 tons each and cost MCr0.1, so all the berths together displace 10 tons and cost MCr2."
The table for the sample ship reflects the prose.

So should low berths be MCr0.05 each or MCr0.1 each?

Oh, also, excessively minor, the price column doesn't add up.
13.2+2.4+12+24+30+1.5+0.29+4+2.5+1.75+1.6+0.4+4+2 = 99.64, not 99.62
Thanks for the input! I will correct this in the coming 2nd printing (a month or two, hopefully) and the PDF, of course.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King
Old May 12th, 2019, 01:19 AM

Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+

Quote:
Anyway, I had a quick skim of the ship design rules. They look substantially similar so I don't think I'll have a problem adopting my code. I bought the editable version of the rules so if I find things I think are off, I'll turn on track changes, note them, and send them to you. If I run into similar problems trying to get my code to generate the sample ships I'll chime in here with specifics.
Thank you very much!

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King
Old May 12th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

LOL! That was a joke, right, spelling errata as eratta in the thread title? Good one!
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old May 12th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 34
middenface Citizen

Some Errata was addressed in the Moon Toad POD Version

'Prospecting skill added, this is missing in the SRD
Spinal Mount skill - added a line about saying Spinal Mounts would be covered in a future supplement
Vehicle cascade skill list- better organised - ground vehicles now belong to a sub cascade group
Vehicle List - this now matches the CE Vehicle SRD
Ship Design - minor clarification about software and computer capacity.
Under Sciences skill description, changed "types of planetary transportation" to "areas of scientific study"'

Also:-

Aerospace System Defense is now Aerospace Defense
Maritime System Defense is now Maritime Defense
Surface System Defense is now Surface Defense

Also the TLs for the armour types, the text is correct, the table is not.
Old May 12th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Gallery : 0
jaymin Citizen-
Send a message via AIM to jaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
What makes the most sense to you?
A price of 50,000Cr would be the same as in Cepheus Engine. I'm all about consistency. I know I can edit the document, but for this case I'd much rather follow rules verbatim rather than make up my own stuff. So I'm happy to take your lead.
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:44 AM

jaymin Citizen-
Default Support Crew

Next questions. Under crew it says:

"Military ships often carry marines, as well as flight crew one pilot and one support crew per small craft on board."

First question: the rules don't define "support crew" anywhere else. Should there be another entry under "Crew Salaries" defining this? Or should it be one of the ones already listed?

Second question: normally "small craft" is defined as non-jump spaceships less than 100t. That would then mean that you need a pilot position for every air/raft and atv on a ship. Should there be a lower limit? Like 10t for the pilot requirement?
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

I do not have the rules in front of me at the moment, so I apologize in advance if I say something that doesn't make sense in light of the CE ruleset.

Quote:
Next questions. Under crew it says:

"Military ships often carry marines, as well as flight crew – one pilot and one support crew per small craft on board."

First question: the rules don't define "support crew" anywhere else. Should there be another entry under "Crew Salaries" defining this? Or should it be one of the ones already listed?
Support Crew would normally be mechanics, technicians, and/or engineers.

Quote:
Second question: normally "small craft" is defined as non-jump spaceships less than 100t. That would then mean that you need a pilot position for every air/raft and atv on a ship. Should there be a lower limit? Like 10t for the pilot requirement?
Air/Rafts and ATVs are not "Small Craft", as they are not spaceships. Neither Air/Raft nor ATV uses the "pilot" skill for the vehicle. (They likely utilize something like "Flyer (Grav)" or "Driver").

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old May 14th, 2019, 11:14 AM

jaymin Citizen-
Default Computers are very literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulorigan View Post
Support Crew would normally be mechanics, technicians, and/or engineers.
If I was just running a game, all this would be easy. :-) As described earlier in the thread I'm writing software for the ruleset. And software is very literal. If the code is going to enforce the Support Crew rule I need to be able to map that back to a defined crew allotment.

It might make sense to add to the ruleset a "Technician" crew role with a required "Repair-1" skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulorigan View Post
Air/Rafts and ATVs are not "Small Craft", as they are not spaceships.
As above, I know what they are and why they don't need a pilot. I'm looking for a distinction in the game definition I can use so my software knows. I guess I can tag it "unmanned" like I do for drones.

(FYI: for the software all these ship components are being defined in a big JSON file. That's probably the most re-usable part of what I'm doing, if anyone else is looking at any software projects around Cepheus Light.)
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:24 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
LOL! That was a joke, right, spelling errata as eratta in the thread title? Good one!
Fixed spellin'

"Never trust a man that only knows one way to spell a word." - Mark Twain