Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > Citizens' Information Centre

Citizens' Information Centre COTI news, feedback, and problem reports

Old May 7th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Matt123's Blog
Matt123 Citizen+Matt123 Citizen+
Default Personal reputation

I vaguely recall the introduction of this but didn't pay it any attention at the time. I now find I have 'reputation' which is interesting, but without context I don't know what to make of it. What I do know is that it was quite interesting revisiting the posts I made to get that reputation. I am not a frequent poster but sometimes a topic takes my fancy and I spend a relaxing hour or so making a contribution.

So, two points really. Is there a way to put a context around reputation? This might be difficult to do without alienating people. If it turns out I have the lowest reputation in my peer group, I'm not sure how I would process that!

The second point is that it appears I can only identify my recent reputation gathering posts. I wouldn't mind reading the rest for a bit of nostalgia.

I am tempted to find out what the highest rated posts are. But adding that ability might end up with a StackOverflow like tendency for highly rated posts to have higher traffic which results in even higher reputation. But I could be alone in thinking that distorts the system and there may be other solutions like perhaps locking the reputation for a post after a period to make it reflective of its time and context.

Just random thoughts after reading a voted up and surprisingly interesting post I wrote on ways to fill a commercial starship with crud related to business needs, impressive office, sample rooms, etc.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.