Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Cepheus Engine > Cepheus General

Cepheus General General discussion of Cepheus Engine products.

Old June 5th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

I am still working on a way of restricting the number of Psi and Magic-capable persons, but that is coming along.

I did read an interesting story by Murray Leinster on Project Gutenberg called "The Ambulance Made Two Trips", which has a highly effective Psi anti-violence charm or device. An individual carrying one of the charms is tip off in some way that violence is about to be committed on him or her. With respect to the individual trying to commit the violence, the hard he works at it, the more drastic the backlash is a him. The story is quite interesting, but I am more than a little hesitant to plug something like that in. It is range-limited, so that violence from a distance would not be stopped, and there is no discussion of the issue of legitimate violence. It is a good read, however.

I think with respect to Magic, I may go with Edurance as the determinant of how many spells you can use in a period of time, probably the standard day of D&D, with Intelligence playing a role in how high a level of spells you can use, with Education having some effect on the spells used and known as well. I figure that I am going to have to do some spell list, if only to provide guidance as to what might be done. Also, Mage/Healer will be an additional career rather than a unique career, somewhat like Harold Shea. Magic also will not work everywhere, but will function the further out towards the Rim that you go.
Do you have a security clearance? New 21 August Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.