Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Cepheus Engine > Cepheus General

Cepheus General General discussion of Cepheus Engine products.

Old May 16th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVernon View Post
They were not assembled in a dry-dock, but on a slipway on the beach.
We have a lot of beach in Southern California.

But, that said, we have a lot more flat land for manufacturing. While slipways no doubt extend the capacity for ship building, it's still potentially a more limited resource than the manufacturing capacity capable of feeding it.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:02 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

I think that what I will do with ship construction times is run a reverse bell-shaped curve, with the smaller ships and the largest ships taking the longer time to build, while the medium-size ships will take the shorter build times. As a rough guess, up to 500 tons will take 12 months to build or so, with a ship of about 1500 tons taking 9 months to build, with around 2500 tones back up to 12 months, and 5000 tons ships taking 24 months. Those would be civilian ships. Military ships will take at least 50 per cent longer. I am thinking of tossing in reductions for building at a Class A starport, and maybe some reduction for the standard type of Jump Drive ship.

I need to do some more thinking about the whole idea of standard, streamlined, and distributed, meaning totally non-streamlined and unable to land in an atmosphere. I do not think that there would be that many of that type in the sector, but you never know what some people might want to build.

Next up comes drives.
Do you have a security clearance? New 19 August Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old May 20th, 2019, 03:28 AM

kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen

I always considered distributed to be perfect candidates for future container ships. Fast detach/attach.

Star Citizen has a good conception for this sort of ship, the standardized Hull classes.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...SC-Hull-Series

They solve the landing part by having the ship go at least standard transformer style. I don't think we would do that, just think of this in permanent cargo mode.

Another example would be the freighters from Silent Running (the scifi movie).

Ditch the domes and attach cargo canisters directly onto the girders.