Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old September 1st, 2010, 11:54 PM
gloriousbattle

Gallery :
Default Looking for a wide selection of planetary maps

I always loved Traveller, but rolling up planets was never my thing, let alone mapping them.

I solved the problem of rolling them up by acquiring the Spacefarer's Guide to the Planets Sector 1 and Sector 2. These came with 100 planets each, and often with nice sf details. From then on, when I wanted to create a new subsector, I'd just randomly roll for one of these worlds, change a few FX around a little. Maybe I traded insectoid lifeforms for reptilian ones, and changed the forests into collections of growing silicate crystals, or whatever. Try it, you can fool your players infinitely this way.

However, mapping is still by the old laborious hand drawn process.

Anyway, somebody has to have a database of Traveller 20 sided die mercator projection planets out there. Do any of you know where?

Note: Yes, I DID try google. No help there. All the search terms are too common.

Last edited by gloriousbattle; September 2nd, 2010 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: mizpeling

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.