Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 28th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Well, it was not Gencon, but Gaming, horror, comics and SF fans gathered this weekend. On the gaming side, it was very poorly organized.

Therefore, we only had a few people coming out and playing D&D 3e + Vampire/Wraith.

I was to run a Traveller game on Friday but nowhere was there any promotional mention and the result being nobody showed up... :sad:

True, Adam was speaking in another room. But, most of the Browncoats in Toronto do not seem to be into Traveller...joining them, I plan to subvert that...bah, haa, haa.

When I talked to the vendors most said that they did not carry Traveller because it is such an old game.

However, there were several highlights getting my photo taken with Erica Durrance (boy, what a babe in person) and Adam Baldwin (man, that man is tall).

Attending a Q&A with Adam**, and another one with: J. Michael Straczynski.

Also, attended a couple of how to GM sessions with Gary Gygax, Ed Greenwood and Robin Laws.

Lurked whilst Gary took a few people on an adventure.

Got autographs of the above three. Not that many booth babes, but plenty fine costumes for the Masquerade.

Goodies included a few soundtracks from Midnight Syndicate & D20 Call of the Cthulhu.

Maybe, I might go next year or maybe go to an only gaming convention...

**Funniest story of the convention was when Adam told the story when on the Firefly episode they had to shoot Nathan left naked on the planet. He was not entirely naked, as he a picture of Joss attached with clear tape to cover his vital parts.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.