Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old May 25th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
CaptRet Citizen

Thanks Fovean. A quick follow-up to ensure I understand the mechanics of Blast: so each entity/thing within the blast radius separately suffers the number of attack dice of the "blasting" weapon (i.e. you don't divide the overall damage among those in the area, but instead roll the number of dice as against each one). Correct ?
Old May 25th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Fovean Citizen

Yes, that is my understanding. Potential targets may be able use cover to reduce damage and armor is deducted as usual but anyone in the blast radius is subject to a straight damage roll.

Personally I would just roll once for the Blast and apply it to every one/thing rather than rolling multiple times but YMMV.

Last edited by Fovean; May 25th, 2019 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old May 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

CaptRet Citizen

Thanks Fovean. I take your point that it probably would be faster/more efficient to have one roll, but multiple rolls can take into account that some people could be nearer the blast, shielded somewhat by another's body or other object, etc. Multiple rolls can be a mechanism to take into account the chance factor that occurs even in real explosions, that someone can just happen to be slightly shielded at that moment.