Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old March 24th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 0
Anton Citizen
Question

Am I right in thinking that the T20 OTU timeline has rolled back a few years from T4, or other canon sources?

I'm gong to be starting a T20 campaign in a couple of weeks (starting of with Linkworlds) and as none of the players have tried Traveller before (and I haven't played it since CT about 15 years ago), I'm looking for a good, reliable, canon history of the last few years... really so I can answer the basic questions.

Who is the current emperor? When did war break out with the Terran Confederation? That type of thing.

Thanks in advance,

Anton
Old March 24th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

TKalbfus Citizen
For the most part the T20 Handbook appears for the most part to be a rule book rather than a specific setting. I think that's justifiable because there are a lot of rules to cover and for me $44.95 was enough to pay for a single rulebook. If they included a specific Traveller setting the rule book would be fatter still or they would have to skimp on the actual game rules. What I want to do is actually convert some of the Classic Traveller Reprints to T20 for my own use. Such as Adventures and so forth. Much of the stuff I need is already there including rules for making custom spaceships all in one book. It could be used for any Traveller Era, all the tech levels (0-15) are already there.
Old March 24th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallowglass Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Anton:
Am I right in thinking that the T20 OTU timeline has rolled back a few years from T4, or other canon sources?

I'm gong to be starting a T20 campaign in a couple of weeks (starting of with Linkworlds) and as none of the players have tried Traveller before (and I haven't played it since CT about 15 years ago), I'm looking for a good, reliable, canon history of the last few years... really so I can answer the basic questions.

Who is the current emperor? When did war break out with the Terran Confederation? That type of thing.

Thanks in advance,

Anton
The date for the OTU material from QLI in Gateway Domain is I believe 993; so nearly a milenia AFTER T4, but a century BEFORE CT/MT/GT and TWO centuries before T:TNE.

Gavin is emperor, his father Styryx having been forced to abdicate in his favour in 989. The War is about three years old (having started in 990 IIRC).

The Integrated timeline at http://winterwar.prairienet.org/dmckinne/trav.html by Don McKinney is awesome, to the point of perhaps being daunting for it's sheer volume of information and I can't personally comment on its absolute accuracy to canon (having a rather fuzzy memory for such details) but it's a good starting point until the Gateway Domain book arrives [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Nick Middleton
Old March 24th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Anton Citizen
"The date for the OTU material from QLI in Gateway Domain is I believe 993; so nearly a milenia AFTER T4, but a century BEFORE CT/MT/GT and TWO centuries before T:TNE."

Ah! Now that makes sense Thanks for the info and the link.

Anton
Old March 25th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

TKalbfus Citizen
This is the time of the Solomani Rim War! Are there any plans for a military campaign in this area?
Old April 12th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Geonee Citizen
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Gallowglass:
The date for the OTU material from QLI in Gateway Domain is I believe 993; so nearly a milenia AFTER T4, but a century BEFORE CT/MT/GT and TWO centuries before T:TNE.

Gavin is emperor, his father Styryx having been forced to abdicate in his favour in 989. The War is about three years old (having started in 990 IIRC).
What OT info is there available on Emperor Gavin? Why was his father forced to abdicate? And, most important, when will Emperor Gavin die/end his reign?
Old April 13th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Absent Friend

Location: Arkansas is my residence, but New Mexico is my Home
plop101 Citizen
Anton asks:
Quote:
Gallowglass responds:
Quote:

Psst, hey, bud, there's a rumor that the Empire's got a new ship. Yeah, capable of jump five, carries troops, fighters, and a big spinal mount PAW. Size is about 75k displacement tonnes. But you didn't here that from me. [img]graemlins/file_22.gif[/img]
Old April 13th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Tom Schoene Citizen
The standard library data statement is that Styryx was forced out for his mishandling of the Third Frontier War.

Gavin lives until 1031. He commissioned the Second Survey in 990. There's not much info available beyond that.