Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Agent of the Imperium

Agent of the Imperium Discussion of Marc Miller's Novel, Agent of the Imperium.

Old January 9th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Count

Gallery : 11
Visit Spenser TR's Blog
Spenser TR Citizen+Spenser TR Citizen+
Default Annotated PDF that comes with the audiobook version is a delight

I can't really think of a better way to phrase it. Like having the "commentary track" on while reading through the book, it's very cool to see what Marc was thinking, references he felt were important to note, or how he tied in bits of his personal life into his writing.

In as much as our enjoyment of Traveller is about the setting and characters as much as it is about learning what Marc was thinking, I unreservedly recommend the audiobook package.

Do good in the world --- my Traveller blog & my Pinterest
IMTU tg mgt+ ru ge- 3i+ c+ au+ ls- he+ so / OTU 22% cpu- fs- inf- n+ tv+ xb+
Old January 9th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenser TR View Post
I can't really think of a better way to phrase it. Like having the "commentary track" on while reading through the book, it's very cool to see what Marc was thinking, references he felt were important to note, or how he tied in bits of his personal life into his writing.

In as much as our enjoyment of Traveller is about the setting and characters as much as it is about learning what Marc was thinking, I unreservedly recommend the audiobook package.
Is this an annotation of the book text? i.e. is it the book with extra footnotes that Just So Happens to be shipped along with the audio book? Or is it just a PDF of notes, without the associated book text?
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

Why hasn't the drivethru version been updated to the annotated version?
Old January 9th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Count

Visit Spenser TR's Blog

Not sure about DriveThru... I got mine from FFE. It came with 2 discs, with audio and e-versions of the book, as well as a thumb drive I asked for ( because CD-ROMs? ) with the same material.

The annotations were in a PDF of AotI, present in footnote format. I'm using my iPad to page through and soak it all in.

Old January 9th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

ShawnDriscoll Citizen+ShawnDriscoll Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartung View Post
Is this an annotation of the book text? i.e. is it the book with extra footnotes that Just So Happens to be shipped along with the audio book? Or is it just a PDF of notes, without the associated book text?
Yep. An annotated PDF of AotI. And various file formats of AotI without annotation. And other stuff, not in the original AotI book.
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Count

Visit Spenser TR's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnDriscoll View Post
... And other stuff, not in the original AotI book.
"deleted scenes" and extra footage, so to speak.

Old January 10th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

So, as a kickstarter backer I don't get this version unless I buy it again?

Hmm...
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
So, as a kickstarter backer I don't get this version unless I buy it again?

Hmm...
Wasn't the audio book both a stretch goal and swag for a certain pledge level? I don't recall at this point.

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Noble

I backed it to maximum and this is what I got:
Agent of the Imperium Custom Bound First Edition Hardcover Printed Book plus Enhanced Ebook (including an inscription by Marc Miller). As your reward, you will receive the enhanced Ebook with additional material: starchart images, Traveller game-related appendices, and background material. You will receive a DropBox (or DriveThru) download link (in December) to the completed eBook in your choice of format: iBook, Kindle, PDF, or Nook. Then, we will send you the Custom Hardcover format printed book (about 6x9 inches) when it comes back from the printer in March.

Now it appears there is a new enhanced pdf that has annotations - and I must buy it again as an audiobook to get it, unless I am doing something wrong with the various ebook formats I do have access to.
Old January 10th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
. . . unless I am doing something wrong with the various ebook formats I do have access to.
You are not; the annotated PDF of AotI is v. 1.1. (It also corrects several minor errors in the original book, such as Margaret I's heir and brother being Paulo I, not Pedro as in the original book . . . )

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789CA
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry