Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Recruiting Office

Recruiting Office By request, a forum for Traveller Referees seeking players in their area and vice-versa.

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+
Default Player Recruitment - What Methods?

What methods do you use for recruiting Traveller players? Is a "hard sell" involved or does the game mostly sell itself?

What 'standards' do you have for potential players? Which can you compromise on, and which are cast in monadium?

I'd like to get back into running a CT-based campaign. My refereeing methods seem to work, stemming for the idea that "the most fun for the most players most of the time" is a reasonable goal. I know a lot of people through church, school and work, and many of them are science-fiction and adventure fans. But any 'sales pitch' I've tried seems to fall flat.

So tell me, what recruiting methods work for you?

Thank you,

-KR-

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.