Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old May 7th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 34
middenface Citizen
Default Vehicle Design Guide Release

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...e-Design-Guide

Rafe watched the shell from his tank’s 120mm main gun hit the enemy grav tank on the rear quarter facing, punching through the thin armour and sending it spiraling into the side of the closest hill where it exploded into a large fireball. He fancied he heard the tiny shattered pieces patter off the front glacis of his turret.

“Next position Jessika, before they pick on us”

“Aye Skipper”

As his tank swung out of its hide and disappeared into the piled up rubble of the small town, Rafe smiled at the stupidity of an enemy thinking they could mount a big energy gun onto an armoured vehicle and still not provide sufficient armour to protect it. High tech fools.

So you need a vehicle and cannot find the right one? Does the vehicle you have lack for speed or a big gun?

With the Vehicle Design Guide you can simply design your own with your specifications to suit your setting and campaign.

The VDG allows you to design pretty much any vehicle type for any role you can think of. From massive sea going battleships to fast grav vehicles perfect for fast jaunts around the new world your player’s battered trader has arrived to explore.

Included in the VDG are multiple chassis types, weapon types, armour rules and all manner of internal and external options for any design. Further, a new streamlined vehicle combat system is provided. Finally there are over fifty completed vehicles to use in any adventure and for any setting.

Including with this product are a number of form fillable PDF forms, that you can use for your own creations. They cover all the chassis in the book.

Old May 12th, 2019, 05:03 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Well, I bought it. Whether I got my money's worth remains to be seen. Some of your historical stuff looks like it could use a lot of work. The space allotted to an oarsman in a galley was not based on his comfort, but how many men could they pack into a small space. As for the unlimited range, they were out of water in about 2 days, so their endurance was quite short. Your cost factors need a lot of work. Did anyone check Admiral Roger's books on naval warfare under oars?

Your horsepower table needs a lot of work, and elephants cannot run. They just vary their walking speed. Men are generally rated at between 1/10 of a horsepower to Admiral Rogers in his analysis of galley oarsmen based on navy rowing crews figured them at between 1/6 and 1/7 of a horsepower. Your sailing ship table does not take the difference between small ships in light to moderate winds compared to large ships. A U.S. Baltimore Clipper privateer in the War of 1812 could run away from any British frigate, although it was considerably smaller.

Your nuclear weapons cost need at least one or two more zeros added. The Standard Nuclear Weapon for a long time was viewed as a 20 kiloton to 40 kiloton yield. The damage radius, depending on burst heigh and overpressure desired could be measured in miles. A large thermonuclear weapon would start with the U.S. Titan 2 warhead at 9 megatons and go up from there. The standard thermonuclear warhead was around 1 megaton until the U.S. developed the dial-a-yield warhead. The largest bomb developed by the U.S. for dropping had a yield of around 25 megatons.

Have any of you been in the Navy? Officers have a separate galley from which they are served, and normally the CPOs will have one as well. That holds true for civilian ships as well. As for the messing arrangements on British destroyers in World War 1, the galley was aft, with the crew's mess located in the raised forecastle at the bow, which was neither heated or insulated. When the bow was pitching a bit, messing was an accurate description of the men trying to eat. The crew space per man of the "Bristol" class light cruiser was 12.5 square feet.

I will knock off with my comments, as probably the book will make most of the buyers happy.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old May 12th, 2019, 07:02 AM

middenface Citizen

There's an important statement at the beginning of the book.

'The VDG focuses less on every component of a vehicle and more about what the vehicle will do. It is
assumed that vehicles of a certain tech level will be powered by an engine type and power distribution arrangement appropriate to that tech level. There are no complicated tables and calculations needed to determine every single component required to make a vehicle operate.

Of course if you, as referee or player, decides that the VDG needs adjustment to suit your own requirements, feel free to undertake that. This is after all a guide with wriggle room, so it does provide a springboard for those so inclined modify and add to, so to suit their settings. All designs in this book are as designed with the rules as they are written.'

Myself I have not been in the Navy, does the ferry between Holyhead and Dublin count?. However the writers son in law is in the RAN.
Old May 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

When you have the shipping space required for a Greek Trireme larger than the shipping space than a 38-gun frigate, something is wrong with the way the rules are structured.

You also never define exactly how large a "space" is. It apparently is an amorphous volume, undefined, and which would vary quite a bit over time.

As for the armored combat rules, there are plenty of fine rules for miniature armored combat out there that are easier to use. The same goes for naval combat.

I guess if it makes you happy, there is nothing I can do about that. I am simply less than impressed with the entire document. This can be considered a short review.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old May 13th, 2019, 06:48 AM

middenface Citizen

Included designs.

TL3 Windrider Hydrogen Balloon
TL1 Quinquereme Rowing Galley
TL1 Trireme Rowing Galley
TL 3 38 Sailing Frigate
TL 8 Deep Diving Sub
TL 5 Armoured Cruiser
TL 8 Guided Missile Destroyer
TL 7 Rigid Hull Boat
TL 12 Medium Combat Walker
TL10 Exoskeletong Powerlifter
TL 10 Rock Crawler
TL 7 10 Tonne Truck
TL 10 All Terrain Excavator
TL 12 ATV
TL 8 Automated Ore Train
TL 12 Global Explorer Hovercraft
TL 10 Long Duration Survey Rover
TL 10 Regional Maglev Train
TL 10 Micro Car
TL 7 Off Road Utility Vehicle
TL 9 Smart Car
TL 6 Tracked Motor Sled
TL 8 All Terrain Armoured Recon Vehicle
TL 12 Conway Main Battle Tank
TL 6 Air Cusion Patrol Craft
TL5 MK IV Heavy Tank (Male)
TL8 Infantry Fighting Vehicle
TL10 Grav Transport
TL11 Police Patrol Grav Bike
TL 11 Police Patrol Flyer
TL 10 Air/Raft
TL12 Air Taxi
TL11 Urban Security Sled
TL12 G/Carrier
TL9 Grav Technical
TL15 Morrigan Grav MBT
TL12 Grav Attack Gunship
TL11 Grav Skiff
TL6 Amphibian Bush Plane
TL7 Gyrodyne
TL9 Hypersonic Airliner
TL8 STOL Jetliner
TL7 Widebody Airliner
TL7 Close Support Jet
TL7 Fast Reaction Tactical Carrier
TL7 Heavy Lift Helicopter
TL12 High Altitude Interceptor
TL8 Hypersonic Interceptor
TL7 Light Helicopter
TL7 Sea Skimmer Torpedo Bomber (ekranoplan)
TL4 Steampunk Aerial Gunship
TL9 Tactical Utility Jump Jet
TL13 Gas Miner (massive vehicle)

Plan is to release a mecha/walker book as well.
Old June 4th, 2019, 09:31 AM

middenface Citizen

The Print on demand version is now available