Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old December 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 3
HG_B Citizen+HG_B Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstefan View Post
My point is that the data is only as good as the guy or gal feeding the system...
Absolutely. But, when the system in question is in a civilized area and has MAJOR, self evident errors... Well, go look at the CIA fact book. You won't find known countries listed as having high tech manufacturing when the civilization is barely above Iron Age...
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Citizen: SOC-8

Gallery : 0
Amra Citizen

MJD, if your still dropping in on this thread; Does the GURPS Spinward Marches contain the same UWP's or does it use a different system? And, was it allowed to fix any errors?

It seems to me that setting canon should be edition dependent; that would fix a lot of these problems. GURPS Traveller got its own ATU, MGT should have its own too. That way folks that use other systems can't complain about changes to OTU "canon" and the new publisher is free to make some "improvements" they feel is necessary to make the game marketable to new gamers (or old gamers willing to embrace a "re-imagined" Traveller.

There could be some limits imposed on the "wiggle room", but leave some creative freedom.
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 2
Zparkz Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to Zparkz Send a message via MSN to Zparkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra View Post
It pisses me off that MGT is being forced to reprint the mistakes of past editions because of this absurd annal retentive attitude.
I wholeheartily agree with this.
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Baronet

Gallery : 0
Visit MJD's Blog
MJD has disabled reputation

I'm not sure about GURPS Marches. It was drawn from the same data, but there were some errors in the first draft (possibly caused largely by Neil's dyslexia) which were corrected along with other changes in the final manuscript. But then they published the draft anyway.

Oops, but not my oops.

The GURPS data SHOULD be the same because it's from Supplement 3 (I think, it was a long time ago) and so is the Mongoose data.