Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old August 28th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
mark_rotteveel Citizen
Thumbs up

Hello All. Found this link for brilliant panoramic views of the interiors of warships. They may come in handy for ideas for starships.

Go to the link below, and take the 'RAN Virtual Fleet Tour'

Royal Australian Navy Homepage

Enjoy
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Uncle Bob Citizen
Very nice! Thanks.
Rule #35 - "That which does not kill you has made a tactical error" From The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates
Old August 29th, 2003, 04:52 AM

Gallery : 29
Scarecrow Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow
Talking

Fantastic! Thank you!

Crow
Old August 29th, 2003, 08:24 AM

Jame Citizen
Yes, thanks! I wonder how it would convert to spaceship/starship interiors, though?
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old August 29th, 2003, 08:26 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen
Very nice.

Quote:
For CGI Traveller goodness visit The Crow's Nest
Has anyone seen my jaw? I think it's down on the floor somewhere...
Old August 29th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Swordsage Citizen
*Picks fallen jaw off of the ground, brushes some dirt off of the chin area and hands jaw back to Andrew*

You really should keep better track of this thing. I've seen Crow's site and itsa vera nice. The two ships that he has there are pretty nifty. Actually the entire site is pretty nifty. The only thing that's missing are deckplans for his Florian class scoutship which I believe he's working on.

Later
Old August 30th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

mark_rotteveel Citizen
Quote:
I wonder how it would convert to spaceship/starship interiors, though?
I've actually been thinking about that, Jame. I have started designing the warships for the HVC. I was going to put a post in IMTU about this.

If the life support systems can support two people in the one stateroom, as long as you don't exceed the max people for that space, I can't see why you can't have them in mess decks. Which would also free up some room for the Commcen, Warfare Office, Brig, Ops Room etc... I'll try and word it better and post it in IMTU. Please comment...
Old August 30th, 2003, 10:11 AM

Gallery : 29
Scarecrow Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally posted by Swordsage:
Actually the entire site is pretty nifty.
Aww shucks! Thanks guys! If you feel like that you might be interested to know that I am illustrating the cover for 'At Sword's Point' - the Sword Worlds source book for GURPS:Traveller.

We now hand you back to your regular thread:

Application of the images on the Australian Navy site to Traveller deckplans? Well, layout, for a start, ideas for operational spaces and the clutter that goes with the confined areas. The way that form follows function to an obscene degree. There isn't a single square inch of wasted space.
For me, personally it's just damned good reference material for 3D illustrations more than anything else.

Crow
Old August 30th, 2003, 12:30 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen
Quote:
*Picks fallen jaw off of the ground, brushes some dirt off of the chin area and hands jaw back to Andrew*
Thank you

Quote:
The only thing that's missing are deckplans for his Florian class scoutship which I believe he's working on.
I wish he'd hurry up and finish the damn thing! (Says the person with about a million unfinished projects on his computer)

I don't know if you can tell, but all those interiors really are inside the model.
Old August 30th, 2003, 02:22 PM

kaladorn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarecrow:
Aww shucks! Thanks guys! If you feel like that you might be interested to know that I am illustrating the cover for 'At Sword's Point' - the Sword Worlds source book for GURPS:Traveller.
Your pardon, but pretty nifty is a freaking 50 Mt understatement.

I use the phrase awe-inspiring, probably because I have worked on a 3D MMORPG and know what is really involved in getting nice looking graphics and animations (having seen lots of sucky ones between start and final product).

Awe-inspiring I said.

And I look forward to seeing your work on the Swordies. I'm playing a Sacnoth born Imperial Marine with a prosthetic arm (from an artillery strike) right now in a PBeM....

I just wish I had 1/100th of your skill to do interiors of ships.

Quote:
We now hand you back to your regular thread:

Application of the images on the Australian Navy site to Traveller deckplans? Well, layout, for a start, ideas for operational spaces and the clutter that goes with the confined areas. The way that form follows function to an obscene degree. There isn't a single square inch of wasted space.
For me, personally it's just damned good reference material for 3D illustrations more than anything else.
Keeping in mind that perhaps several Royal Carribean cruise ships and the like would be more appropriate for passenger accomodations and civilian liners and several large supertankers/super container ships more appropriate for bulk freighters.

The military ships are a good guideline to ... military ships.
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"