Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old February 8th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 6
Gray Lensman Citizen

I once had my D&D Characters step through a portal they had used many times before and end up on a derelict far trader in deep space. Modified everything on the fly. Can't for life of me remember how I modded the stats or kept the magic but I do remember two things. They used magic to refuel the ship (I had it as a misjump and the crew ran out of resources), and ! player got extremely steamed and walked out. Everyone esle had a blast.
Old February 16th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
LiNeNoiSe Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunky View Post
No digging around Martin put the files right there in the Sidebar to the right.
So I see. Hadn't been over there for awhile. I try to avoid Blogger, or anything else owned by Google.

There's also a freebie version of Worlds Apart on OBS. Only difference from the paid version is supposed to be lack of art.

And then there's Wanderer.
Old February 17th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe View Post
And then there's Wanderer.
How I love Wanderer!
Tools Link
Old February 17th, 2018, 08:14 PM

LiNeNoiSe Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robject View Post
How I love Wanderer!
I don't much care for fantasy. I got them for the low tech weapons. On that score, I'd have to go with Adventurer. He's the only one who tried to make sense out of melee weapons damage. The rest of them just copied the OD&D damage tables.
Old February 18th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Nathan Brazil Citizen+Nathan Brazil Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe View Post
There's also Adventurer by Doc Grognard.

Might have to poke around a bit to find the files if they're still there.
Thank you. Will take a look see on that and Wanderer

Last edited by Nathan Brazil; February 18th, 2018 at 06:59 PM..
Old March 7th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+

Epilogue:

Arrived in Manila three weeks ago. Spent a few days acclimating to the climate and dealing with jet lag. Took over the AD&D group. Called in their character sheets and issued new ones - the same characters in Traveller terms, with a few concessions for thematic effect.

Each magical item saved v. Spells to retain their magic, failure negated the magic effects. MUs and Clerics had the spells they started with, but had difficulty acquiring new ones above 2n level.

They arrived inside a lab of Research Station Omicron - a facility dedicated to jump space research. Once the language barrier was more-or-less overcome, the characters were interviewed. After a few hours, the station went to “General Quarters”.

The first few Zho troopers were neutralized by security personnel, but it quickly became obvious that more were teleporting in all over the facility - by twos and threes. The security personnel eventually became casualties.

Zho armor could stop or slow down Magic Missiles, but Fireballs and Chain Lightning took their toll. The Ranger and Thief made good at melee, while the Cleric discovered that she could Create Water inside the Zho armor and short out a few systems.

One of the scientists got the ‘barbarians’ into a shuttle tram to take them to another facility, and there was a running gun battle between laser carbines and crossbows. The Dwarf managed to collapse part of the tunnel with a petard filled with “Kobold Sand” (black powder), giving enough of a lead for the cleric to use the last of her healing magic and bring everyone out of ‘Wounded’ status.

The tram finally stopped in a subterranean hangar, where a technician was working inside of an Imperiallines cruiser. Zho and Vargr troops rushed the hangar just as the cruiser lifted and took off through the main doors. Another running gun battle as the Dwarf and Ranger applied their Siege Engine proficiencies to man the turrets. The ship made it to the jump point and short-jumped toward a Gas Giant in the same system.

Fully fueled, the scientist and technician tried to determine what to do next. Radio chatter was all Zho and Vargr speech. The nearest Imperial world with an appreciable garrison was 12 parsecs away, while an asteroid belt orbiting a neutron star was only 2 parsecs away. In various directions were a half-dozen marginal worlds with small populations and limited facilities.

Suddenly a Coursair task force precipitated from jump and starting closing on the cruiser. Out-gunned, the technician (a former Scout pilot) hit the ‘Jump’ button.

Misjump.

It could have been the lack of recalibration between jumps, dirty fuel, or something the Zho boarding party did to the engines. Who knows?

Anyway ... it was suddenly quiet ... TOO quiet ... then all hels broke loose. First, a half-dozen Zho commandos held Engineering while a few more tried to take the rest of the ship. Second, the ship’s computer kept repeating “Warning. Large gravitic anomaly detected. Advise immediate full acceleration.” Third, a large, dark disc could be seen through the forward viewport, and it was getting larger.

Long story short, the “good guys” had to convince the “bad guys” to restore the maneuver drive so that the cruiser would not get sucked into the neutron star. Full acceleration in a tight orbit, rendered everyone unconscious, but not before the magic-user cast one final spell - Dimension Door.

When they awoke, they were in orbit around the barbarians’ home world. Everyone agreed that survival was more likely on the ground. However, the controls failed partway down, and the ship crashed into the sea. The barabrians, the scientist, and three Zhos made it to the life-raft, and were rescued the next day by a passing merchant vessel.

Most of this was in outline form, many dice were rolled, a good time was had by all, and there was much rejoicing. Not bad for a kano introducing Traveller to a group of Philippine D&D nerds!
Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:01 AM

LiNeNoiSe Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
Rage (Ex): A barbarian can fly into a rage a certain number of times per day. In a rage, a barbarian temporarily gains a +3 bonus to Strength, a +3 bonus to Endurance, and a +1 for DM for morale checks, but opponents receive a +1 DM to hit him.
+3 sounds like quite a bonus on 2d6. How well does it work in practice?
Old July 2nd, 2018, 01:12 PM

Fovean has disabled reputation
Thumbs up

@Keklas - great session report!!
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fovean View Post
@Keklas - great session report!!
Thanks! I may go back sometime this coming fall/winter, and the players are already emailing me to run a follow-up.