Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old February 13th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
snrdg082102 Citizen+snrdg082102 Citizen+
Hello all,

I mentioned in another post that I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet for the design sequence in the MT: Referee's manual and for the 3 part Wet Navy article in Challenge 53, 54, and 60.

Well, I've completed rebuilding the design sequence and tested using Joe Fugate's article "A MT: Starship Design Example" in the Travellers' Digest #13. The spreadsheet appears to work, but I found some eratta that threw off the numbers. However, there is one area I've not got a handle on which is needed for the Technical Readout. How can I create an automated process for determining the UCP Factors for the Turret Weapons on pp. 73 and 74.

Since I haven't figured out how to automate the Turret Weapon UCP Factor, I moved on to the Design Evaluation section (MT: Referee's Manual pp. 84-89). This has led me to another item I can't seem to get a handle on, which is determining the speed for an airframe hull through a thin atmosphere using the information on p. 86. Here are the numbers I have been working with:

2G Maneuver Drive = Top Vacuum Speed 2,120 (kph)
Hull configuration Needle/Wedge Air Frame (AF)
Standard Atmosphere Top Speed for an AF =
Top Vacuum Speed x 90%

2,120 x .9 = 1,908 kph.

Thin atmosphere speed, p. 86 Column 2 second line from the bottom states speed is 1.5 x Standard Atmosphere.

1,908 * 1.5 = 2,862 kph.

How can the thin atmosphere be faster than the speed in a vacuum?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.