Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old April 15th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
hirch duckfinder Citizen
Cool

i play ct , but still buy stuff from other travs for ideas .

classic just has that pioneering feel .
Old April 15th, 2003, 02:58 PM

hirch duckfinder Citizen
Cool

i play ct , but still buy stuff from other travs for ideas .

classic just has that pioneering feel .
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-3

Exile on High Street Citizen
CT is the game format I learnt twenty five years ago and so the one I am most familiar and comfortable with.

Many of its rules are less than ideal, particularly in combat resolution -vehicles spring to mind.

White Dwarf (a UK based role-playing magazine) published a hit location system for CT. I think the author was Andy Slack. Anybody know it? My copy was lost some time ago.
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-3

Exile on High Street Citizen
CT is the game format I learnt twenty five years ago and so the one I am most familiar and comfortable with.

Many of its rules are less than ideal, particularly in combat resolution -vehicles spring to mind.

White Dwarf (a UK based role-playing magazine) published a hit location system for CT. I think the author was Andy Slack. Anybody know it? My copy was lost some time ago.
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:15 PM

hirch duckfinder Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Exile on High Street:

think combat system is fine . its simple and does the job with a minimum of fuss . no skills development is the problem - and its easily overcome . thats the point all the rules you need are there - its simple enough to improvise the rest .
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:15 PM

hirch duckfinder Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Exile on High Street:

think combat system is fine . its simple and does the job with a minimum of fuss . no skills development is the problem - and its easily overcome . thats the point all the rules you need are there - its simple enough to improvise the rest .
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

daryen Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
think combat system is fine . its simple and does the job with a minimum of fuss . no skills development is the problem - and its easily overcome . thats the point all the rules you need are there - its simple enough to improvise the rest.
While I did like the penetration concept, we always made the unrealistic CT combat work well enough. To me, the biggest thing is to AVOID hit location charts and such. In an RPG, I think it is best to just go with whether or not it hit, and, if so, how much generic damage did the character take. If it is ever important (or just appropriate) for a specific body part to have been hit, just use GM fiat.

As for gaining skills, the solution I always used was to just treat the characters as if they were still in some appropriate service. For example, if they are plying the space lanes for trade, just treat everyone as if they were in the merchants, and allow them to gain skills at the appropriate times.

Worked for us, anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old April 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM

daryen Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by hirch duckfinder:
think combat system is fine . its simple and does the job with a minimum of fuss . no skills development is the problem - and its easily overcome . thats the point all the rules you need are there - its simple enough to improvise the rest.
While I did like the penetration concept, we always made the unrealistic CT combat work well enough. To me, the biggest thing is to AVOID hit location charts and such. In an RPG, I think it is best to just go with whether or not it hit, and, if so, how much generic damage did the character take. If it is ever important (or just appropriate) for a specific body part to have been hit, just use GM fiat.

As for gaining skills, the solution I always used was to just treat the characters as if they were still in some appropriate service. For example, if they are plying the space lanes for trade, just treat everyone as if they were in the merchants, and allow them to gain skills at the appropriate times.

Worked for us, anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:16 PM

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+
I do not "Love" CT, but my tagline says it all.
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:16 PM

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+
I do not "Love" CT, but my tagline says it all.