Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2016, 04:13 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Default AHL deckplans officially retconned?

In the discussion forums over on the Mongoose boards it has come to light that the changes to the deckplans for the AHL were deliberate and discussed with 'people'.

Is this an official retcon?

Is the game AHL now officially decanonised since the deckplans are no longer correct for the ship class?
Old August 16th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

I don't recall that thread, though I haven't compared the two sets either.

Could have been a subclass, or extensive refurbishment, which could keep both canon.
Old August 16th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

LeperColony Citizen+LeperColony Citizen+

If I'm remembering correctly, didn't the class receive a refit at one point?
Old August 16th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

The old deck plans area multi deck tail sitting 'hotel floor' arrangement.

The new version has three decks and looks like a big Kinunir - that's not a refit...
Old August 16th, 2016, 06:43 AM

Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

I've dug out Supplement Three, Fighting Ships.

While I can't comment on individual details, it still seems the same high rise configuration.
Old August 16th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Noble

The shape is right, the deck plans are wrong.
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:01 AM

Unless this was adjusted by a later edition or another publication, the entry clearly shows eighty four decks.
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:07 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
In the discussion forums over on the Mongoose boards it has come to light that the changes to the deckplans for the AHL were deliberate and discussed with 'people'.
Where have those plans appeared?

I hope they are not official retcon, a I like AHL game with all its deck plans...

Too many adventures are based on them to allow for that

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

simonh Citizen+simonh Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
Is this an official retcon?

Is the game AHL now officially decanonised since the deckplans are no longer correct for the ship class?
GDW published a version of the AHL. Mongoose have published a version of the AHL.

By the power invested in me by myself I hereby officially and with all due ceremony entitle and empower you, in perpetuity, with full authority to take your pick.

Simon Hibbs
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
Where have those plans appeared?

I hope they are not official retcon, a I like AHL game with all its deck plans...

Too many adventures are based on them to allow for that
They are in the new MgT High Guard second edition.

A couple of people on the Mongoose forums commented on them and the reply was that it is an official change and that they were always meant to be like that according to 'discussions'.