Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Default A different Psi for your game

Hey everybody,

I came across someone's homebrew psionics in a web search, Looks pretty interesting and inclusive of even divine powers and magic. Just in case you want to try something different in your Traveller game.

http://www.technohol.com/custom/psionics/index.asp
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:17 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 7
Icosahedron Citizen

Some useful stuff there, SS, cheers. A lot of the stuff doesn't fit in a non-magical universe like Traveller and there was some NIMTU stuff, but there were some useful ideas for adapting or extending the canon Traveller Psi talents.

I particularly liked the idea of using Awareness to use the body as a power source - might not be much, but might power that dead communicator long enough to summon help, or using Telepathy to make a subject daydream - one step up from 'these are not the droids...' would be 'we are not here'.

Or lie detection as a simpler form of thought reading, a locational sense to know exactly where you are in the universe, I already had Precognition, but postcognition was a new one.

The manipulation of probability waves to increase/decrease luck was interesting, as was the psionic creation of a pocket universe (so that's how Grandfather did it!)
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+

Spinward,

Superb find!

As Icosahedron points out not everything is transferable to Traveller, but WOW!

Believe me folks, if you've ever been stuck to come up with something when a player rolls "Special" during the psi portion of chargen, the page Spinward has provided a link for means you'll never be stuck again.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Bill
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
ThunderChilde Citizen
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChilde Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderChilde

Hehehehe,

Already mining this, converting to MGT what I think will fit in MTU, Thanks Spin, awesome find.

There I was surrounded by friends, alone with my dice, when suddenly.....

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Unapologetic supporter of MGT, warts and all.

A computer once beat me at Chess, but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing