Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old August 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Plankowner Citizen

I would LOVE to see published sectors that are actually possible using the published creation rules! Consistency, who woulda thunk it!???!!!!
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankowner View Post
I would LOVE to see published sectors that are actually possible using the published creation rules! Consistency, who woulda thunk it!???!!!!
http://www.traveller.comstar-games.c...pic.php?t=1350

It's Traveller, Jim, but not as we know it...

You'll want to buy the Spica Sourcebook, too
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-1

kchoisez Citizen

I would like to see the following supplements:
a: Campaign setting - overall briefing.
b: Ships and small craft supplement - with more than just stats, but some full descriptions.
c: Detail information on maybe one or 2 key worlds to be used as a home base of the adventurers.
d: Settings and adventures (Both quick and detailed, for example, similar to the LBB Adventure 1 and a Traveller Adventure book).
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Starships book containing brand new designs for a wide array of commercial and military craft from all the major races.

A series of Campaign length (ie. Traveller Adventure/Knightfall) adventures

Equipment book lavishly illustrated based on something that would look real

Strange Places of Chartered Space (the weird and wonderful)

A history book told from many different voices from different eras (ie fictional snapshots of the different eras of play).

A Third Imperium sourcebook covering everything from planetary governance to the armed forces

A spycraft book highlighting the different agencies and sample missions and possibly the MOJ agents (if they are akin to the FBI).

A CD ROM of different worldscapes and fantastic images and sounds that I could plunk into a powerpoint and make a visual aid for adventures.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old August 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM

Berg Citizen

I would like content to support online play... Adventures I would buy in PDF form for ease of use among other things.

I hope MG considers this type of play...
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Mytholder Citizen

Pretty much everything Mongoose publishes get published in pdf over on drivethrurpg after a few weeks.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM

Qstor2 Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Qstor2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankowner View Post
I'd buy sector books if they're published for existing sectors.

Mike
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Plankowner Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton View Post
http://www.traveller.comstar-games.c...pic.php?t=1350

It's Traveller, Jim, but not as we know it...

You'll want to buy the Spica Sourcebook, too
I've read the good doctor's work there and all it does is point out how broken the Book 6 system really is.

What I want is a BETTER system generation method and THEN consistent sectors from that new method.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

TNE is slightly less broken.

The problem is that existing sectors used LBB3, which is totally unrealistic. Using anything else will give very different results.
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+
Default MonTra Supplement Wish List

I freely admit that I played a lot of AD&D (1st & 2nd editions) back in the 1980's, so my gimme list will reflect that history.

1) Referee's Screens - This is a must-have! On the ref's side would be:
a) Armor & Weapons Matrices.
b) Combat Resolution Procedure.
c) Task Resolution Procedure.
d) Trade & Commerce Matrix.
... and on the player's side would be:
e) Equipment Lists (Name, TL, and Price).
f) UWP Decoder (Condensed).
g & h) Two blank panels for Referee Postings.

2) Standard Spacecraft - Basically an expanded LBB2, with deckplans, for each major race.

3) Career Guides - Not just how to roll up a character, but a narrative on "A Day In The Life" of a character with that career. For instance, every US Navy enlistee receives a copy of the Bluejacket's Manual, which covers everything from basic courtesies (who and when to salute) to what to do during General Quarters, with a chapter on a typical day at sea.

4) "101 Civilian Buildings" - Generic floor plans of single-wide trailers, single-family homes, apartment complexes, office buildings, commercial businesses, stores, industrial sites, shopping malls, Startowns, et cetera.

5) "101 Government Buildings" - Same as #4, but concentrating on buildings that are more tailored to the needs of government and military organizations. Includes standard layouts for all classes of Spaceport and Starport, including Downports, Highports, and military bases.

6) "101 Adventure Seeds" - Similar to "76 Patrons" but with a little more detail, and each including 1D-based tables for "What's Really Happening" and "Possible Outcomes."

I've been a good boy, Santabwap!