Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 5th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Donoma quickly runs through the checks, including checking for leaks (bleed-over to different frequencies/channels and running an encryption breaker on the selected freqs). Do they use standard frequencies? Can she call someone at the ship with these? If so, she'll make a quick call to check the quality of the signal and the speaker/mic.

[Roll: 9, 10]
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma quickly runs through the checks, including checking for leaks (bleed-over to different frequencies/channels and running an encryption breaker on the selected freqs). Do they use standard frequencies? Can she call someone at the ship with these? If so, she'll make a quick call to check the quality of the signal and the speaker/mic.
Donoma's check on the Communications qualities of the unit prove it to be a satisfactory consumer-quality personal comm. At TL 10 it is better than what most folks are using here on Devonia, but Donoma has seen better workmanship and personally would not want to rely on one of these in an emergency situation. These are constructed as faux-jewelry, made as bracelets of some cheap light metal with a nice gilded finish, a few simple pushbutton controls and a voice-activated customizable Interface Assistant.

Decent stuff, marketable as consumer quality, but not professional equipment.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma (~1040s, 1540l)

"It looks like these might work as baubles for the rich someplace like Khakhan. It is up to Kalos, I guess, as to whether he wants to pick up this lot. It's cheap enough."

[OOC: I will wait to see if Doc has any more inputs before continuing.]
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:11 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

(OOC) Does what Donoma and Doc now know change anything with regards to the price we will have to buy the lot at? Or do we already have a firm price from Kalos' prior haggling so all we need to do then is make out a purchase order and have the stuff loaded?

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

{OOC: Not gonna knock 'em down any on inspection - these could reasonably go at Base price. I need to check and see if I already applied -2 for Kalos skill when I made thse - I don't think so, really, bc as I recall it was Kalos poor result on selling stuff you already had, then I just made these up as reason for that. IIRC, the lady selling them just wants to get rid of them (like I said, not a poker player or Trader) and had already cut price down pretty far.]

EDIT: Unless Doc determines any Electronic problems, then they are pretty much junk

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[OOC: Looking back on previous actions, sometimes Dave rolls his own and sometimes not. I'll go ahead and roll for him here, as he already said Doc was checking them over.]

Doc runs some Electronics tests on a few samples from one container, then opens another container and digs out a few more samples from several layers down, then another container and digs way down deep for a sample to test.

All test out OK, no excess interference, no leaking voltage to shock the user, no signs of battery trouble, etc.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

As soon as Donoma and Doc get back or call with the results Hampton will maje out a purchase order and request loading the lot ASAP.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:02 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[Looking for first notes to Kalos abt these, I just said price was already less than you had paid for ones you already had, which would be 40k/ton, and seller reduced more after that, so... Let's say current offering price is Cr20K/ton (dirt cheap - base is Cr50k/ton).

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[OOC: Sabredog, did you see this morning's post on progress w M-drive work? There was a two hour delay on both sides - not sure how this works in w time budget that AT/Max had prepared.

Also, if it turns out that time goes past sunset, do you want to continue under worklights or just put up some tarps and stand guard overnight?

EDIT: Last time estimate from Max was "10 hours work for 3 engineers and 3 helpers." Then another hour that Max could do alone, calibrating and running diagnostics.

Looking back, I think that was re-estimate after 2 engineers and 2 helpers had already gotten 30 minute headstart removing interior plates while others were still sleeping.

So, if it was 10 hours work for 3+3 beginning at 0630, figuring one hour for eating and general delays that always happen, then two hours for delay that I rolled as set forth in this post - it looks like it will take until 1930 shiptime, which would be 2430 (or is that 0030?) local time, anyway 30 minutes after local midnight]

So anyway, back In Character, let's say it is now 1230 shiptime, 1730 local, and you still have estimated seven hours more work for 3+3 working. What's the call, Captain? Break for dinner, or keep working and eat sandwiches in shifts? Stop at dark and rig tarps and guards for overnight (remembering that Henry and Gayne have both already been working all day today), or keep working past local midnight under worklights?

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 5th, 2013 at 05:50 PM..
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: Looking back on previous actions, sometimes Dave rolls his own and sometimes not. I'll go ahead and roll for him here, as he already said Doc was checking them over.]

Doc runs some Electronics tests on a few samples from one container, then opens another container and digs out a few more samples from several layers down, then another container and digs way down deep for a sample to test.

All test out OK, no excess interference, no leaking voltage to shock the user, no signs of battery trouble, etc.
I didn't roll because I though you wanted to do all the rolls from now on.