Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:22 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
This is one of those games that has always appealed to me. I just freakin' love the universe.

It's got that Aliens vibe. I can see a group of Colonial Marines rushin' in and having a bad day. "Game over, dude! Game over!"

It's a little more "lower tech" feeling than Classic Traveller. Where Traveller has more of a space opera feel with a hard science bent, the 2300 universe has got that real militaristic, bug hunt, men-goin'-in rush.

So, why have I never played it? I've never run it. I've never played in a game where a GM was running it. All I've done is read it.

I guess CT is at fault. I get in the mood for a space game, it's usually either Star Wars or Classic Trav.

I'm not a fan of the d20 system, so that's a turn-off too. If I played, I'd probably use the original mechanics system.

These days, I don't have time to devote to more than one game.

But, I'm going to have to make a note to myself. Next time I try to start a new campaign, I need to give the 2300 universe a try.

Plop in Alien. Plop in Aliens. Plop in Blade Runner. Plop in Outland. Watch 'em all. Get sugared up on Coca-Cola. And give old 2300 a try.

It sure looks like a deserving universe.

S4

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.