Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5 > Pre-Release Discussion

Pre-Release Discussion Archive of the pre-release T5 Public

Old July 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Trent

Gallery :
Default What's the latest word...

...on Traveller 5?

I'm just curious as it's been a while since I bothered to check on it, and was wondering what the latest release date is, when we'll see reviews, etc.

I hope this one's a good one, after t4 traveller needs a good product to counter it.
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Well, there's a whole T5 forum you could catch up on it in

Probably get a quicker better answer to the question there too. Maybe a wandering moderator could move this there?

(Thank you wandering moderator )

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012

Last edited by far-trader; July 4th, 2008 at 06:42 PM..
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Noble

Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I hope this one's a good one, after t4 traveller needs a good product to counter it.
Just how long have you been out of contact? There's been a lot since T4 that many would consider good products

TNE, T20, a bunch Avenger stuff, and MongTrav to name just a few off the top of my head.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Old July 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Trent

Gallery :

So, two replies and didn't answer the question with either one.....
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Noble

Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Yeah, I haven't been following it myself so I can't say.

But I did (I think) get it moved here (I think) and it has gotten a lot more looks since. Can't say why nobody said anything.

And like I said have a look through this forum for yourself. I see a couple promising looking thread titles on the first page even so you don't have to dig too far maybe.

Old July 5th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 0
DonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM Awesome

Probably because there should only be two people that can give specific details.

The rest (and they know who they are) were probably waiting for one of us to check in on what for us is a holiday weekend...

What's happening with T5?

As you may know, Marc Miller is taking pre-orders for T5's initial release on CD-ROM. While T5 is not yet ready, we are allowing those who pre-order to access the Private Access Forum and participate in the development of that material. At this time, Character Generation as well as Skills and Tasks have been posted, and Marc has been updating those rules based on the responses. The Combat Rules are being prepared (Marc's using the American holiday to work on that) to go up next.

As far as dates for release, Marc determines and announces dates, I do not.

Moderator of the ct-starships mailing list
Official Traveller Errata Collector (CT/MT/TNE/T4/T20/MGT/T5)
Official Archivist of Digest Group Publications
T5 Forum Hall Monitor and FFE Minion
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Trent

Gallery :

So, no one knows when/if it will be released. At last, an answer!

I was asking, JFYI, because there's a major convention coming and IF T5 is released in time to be at it I might, just might, get it.

I looked thru the stuff that's supposed to be in it and am pleased by some things I see, like the artificial life forms and such. Looks like traveller is getting a tech face lift.

I still wonder if T5 is going to be a reboot of traveller's original storyline, or a new timeline set in another era...
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation

Well, it was supposed to be released on CD last fall. But, it got pushed back. Then it was going to be released in March. But it got pushed back. At this point, I'm wondering if they're going to print it on gold foil - for all the effort that sounds is being put into it.
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:18 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

It'll be released when it's ready, that's all we can say. Probably this year, but not this month.

The setting is Classic Era.
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

For those who did not Pre-Order, but are still interested:

What other version of Traveller is T5 Character
Generation most like?

Is it term by term - like LBB1?
Is it year by year - like LBB4-7?

This seems like generic enough information that it should
not be viewed as a violation of the T5 preview secret
handshake code of silence.