Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

View Poll Results: How important is Coffee?
Never touch the stuff 32 16.08%
It's ok 13 6.53%
it's yummy 20 10.05%
It's what gets me going 30 15.08%
Do not get between me and the coffee pot 66 33.17%
I drink tea 27 13.57%
should be outlawed 1 0.50%
other 10 5.03%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Tiikeri Citizen

Yes
Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:43 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 4
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiikeri View Post
Yes
I do not view the comment as funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old October 24th, 2019, 05:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-1

Kersus Citizen

We always have coffee, but often it's a pot of Decaf. Love the flavour and having a warm drink but don't care for the caffeine. We really drink an unreal amount of decaf coffee.
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:33 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

We got together with my daughter and her husband to celebrate my 68th birthday today (the real birthday was the 24th), and I received a very nice present. A 1 pound bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in the whole bean. They went to Jamaica to celebrate their anniversary, and bought that back. Now to grind it up for special occasions and have some. I love Jamaican Blue Mountain and Hawaiian Kona, and I have some of the Kona as well. I also had my meatloaf for dinner today, after we saw the "Addams Family" movie. That was pretty good. I enjoyed watching the original "Addams Family" TV show whenCo I was growing up. Loved John Astin as Gomez.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Last edited by timerover51; September 7th, 2020 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Correcting some words.
Old September 8th, 2020, 10:57 AM

whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
I also had my meatloaf for dinner today, after we saw the "Addams Family" movie. That was pretty good. I enjoyed watching the original "Addams Family" TV show whenCo I was growing up. Loved John Astin as Gomez.
That's the new Addams Family movie, not the ones from the 90's with Raul Julia?

I have not seen it. I love the ones from the 90's.

The ones from the 90's spawned one of the (if not the) most successful pinball machines in history. A truly wonderful pinball machine, with custom dialog from Raul Julia and Angelic Huston. Can't really describe it, but an amazing machine.
Old September 8th, 2020, 03:58 PM

Visit timerover51's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartung View Post
That's the new Addams Family movie, not the ones from the 90's with Raul Julia?

I have not seen it. I love the ones from the 90's.

The ones from the 90's spawned one of the (if not the) most successful pinball machines in history. A truly wonderful pinball machine, with custom dialog from Raul Julia and Angelic Huston. Can't really describe it, but an amazing machine.
It was the animated one that came out. I liked the Raul Julia ones and the one with Tim Curry playing Gomez. I did not know that they had come out with a pinball game as well. The original series has episodes on YouTube to watch.

Old September 9th, 2020, 01:45 PM

whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
I did not know that they had come out with a pinball game as well.
I had one for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ad...amily_(pinball)

Lots of fun.
Old October 14th, 2020, 04:14 AM

Visit timerover51's Blog

I found this again while re-reading one of the histories of subsistence in the European Theater in World War 2. (Yes, I understand that this makes me very strange.) This was the requirement for coffee for the U.S. Army and Army Air Force in England during the period. Navy requirements would have been in addition to this.

Quote:
Negotiations for the procurement of the1944 coffee requirement were opened on 16March 1943, when the British Ministry ofFood made inquiry as to the amount that would be needed and suggested that an estimate be made covering the entire year. A preliminary estimate, made on 7 April 1943, indicated that 29,700,000 pounds, or 225,000 bags, would be required. The British were asked to furnish 13,200,000 pounds, or 100,000 bags, during the first 6 months of 1944. Because of short crops, however, it was thought that only half that amount could be delivered in the time specified but that another 50,000 bags would be available during the latter part of the year. At least 125,000 bags, or 17,400,000 (pounds, edit), would have to be procured from the United States or South America. A more careful estimate, prepared in April 1943, set 78,516 bags as the requirement for the remaining months of 1943 and 209,754 as the requirement for 1944-a total of 288,270 bags. A balance of 79,000 bags was still to be drawn against the 85,000 bags already purchased from the British. Therefore, the additional requirement for 1943 and 1944 was 209,270 bags, or 27,623,640 pounds.