Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 6th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Malenfant

Gallery :
EVE Online is a fairly travellerish MMORG for the PC - you fly around, blow pirates up, trade, explore, mine, save up for big ships etc. And there are two people in my corp who are into Trav...

So I was wondering - does anyone else here play the game? (I'm Dr Ganymede there, an employee of the Last Chance Enterprises corp).
Old August 7th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Malenfant

Gallery :
Anyone?
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
Sorry Malenfant - not I.
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Evo Plurion Citizen
I tried the demo and was impressed. But the game appears to have died. Is it still worth playing? Are their enough players online to make it interesting?
Old August 8th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Malenfant

Gallery :
Died?! Are you kidding?! It's usually got at least 5000 players on at any time, and they've got a version upgrade in the works that's going to add tons of new material.

Believe me, there's still plenty of interesting things for players to do. The fun part is being part of a corp, and eventually running one. When the Shiva upgrade comes out the corps will even be able to build and defend their own space stations!

EDIT: Evo - could you be thinking of "Earth and Beyond"? It was kinda similar... that did die (EA pulled the plug on it), and a lot of E&B players moved over to EVE.
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:23 PM

Evo Plurion Citizen
No, Mal. I tried both. EVE appeared to have been made more imaginatively and had more potential than E&B. The latter's constant hunts for space-bats bored the bejeezus out of me. Your description of the former encourages me to give it another try. It's only $10 or $15 CDN nearby. How much is the subscription fee?
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Malenfant

Gallery :
I think the monthly fee is $19.95 US (about $28 CAN) if you download the files online. All the relevant info is at https://secure.eve-online.com/
(and you can check out more about the game at http://www.eve-online.com/ ). I think if you start from the retail box set then your first month is included in that for free.

If you do sign up as a member of the Minmatar or Gallente race, look for our Corp - Last Chance Enterprises (LaCE) - we're an unholy combination of Canadians and Brits that do mining, rathunting, and other stuff [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old August 10th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Looks like a great game. I'll have to try this in a month or so. Had surgery on my nose today, and my insurance deductible is going to have me paying out the @&$^#% for the next month or so.

Hope everyone is doing good,

Scout
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:08 AM

LordVince Citizen
Lord Vince can be found traversing the Lonetrek Region as....Lord Vince. While I, myself, have gone the way of the Caldari, I do belong to a Corp made of Minmatars & Caldaris who really don't care much about Race -- we just haven't bought all the needed skills to allow EVERYONE in ^_^
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

hirch duckfinder Citizen
looks great .... if only i had the time ....