Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Sylean Academy of Art and Design

Sylean Academy of Art and Design Computer graphics, physical models, and other artistic projects

Old June 19th, 2018, 04:29 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Lycanorukke Citizen+Lycanorukke Citizen+

The UV resin printers (photolithographic) can manage minatures and details a lot better than the FDM (filament) printers due to the way they work.

You are going to paint them afterwards and show us of course?
Old June 20th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 6
Charles.Darney Citizen+Charles.Darney Citizen+

Absolutely! I have the robots coming from Shapeways soonish (they are in production now). I'm not sure when I will order/print the Type M - I want to try to get the Yacht and possibly the Cruiser done first.

But, I've never been known for my restraint
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:15 PM

Wow. Just wow.

I started looking at the Judges Guild Yacht - trying to correlate the deck plans with the profile silhouette and the angle drawing.

None of it makes sense. So, I'm going to take "creative liberties".
Old June 21st, 2018, 10:36 PM

Default And here are my creative liberties

Well, here are my "creative liberties"

I narrowed the engine pod because I liked the look, and it matched the deckplan better; but this didn't give me enough room for the air lock aft, so I moved it to the fore end of the engine pod.

The nose radar looks too big, but that's because I'm using shared parts - one of the "Selling Points" of the Judges Guild ships was, per their document, the modular nature of the ships - so I'm assuming they'd have one standard dish that they'd use wherever possible.

The cutout in the access tunnel is for a 3mmx1mm magnet, so the Ship's Boat can mount. What you can't see from this shot is a 1mm extended cylinder below, to give the flight stand a better ability to hold on.

I haven't uploaded this one to Shapeways yet; they rejected my robot, so I had to make revisions, and will upload this with the robot.

Next up is the cruiser, then I'll have to try my hand at the Judges Guild small craft.