Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old February 25th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 4
agorski Citizen+agorski Citizen+
Default Autonomous Starships

I'm trying to confirm what I'm reading in the T5 rules. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A ship's computer with a brain can control a number of functions simultaneously equal to the number of the computer (BIS +1).

Consoles are required to connect to control panels. A computer cannot connect directly to a control panel.

Consoles can monitor and adjust systems they control without a user or a brain, up to a point, like a life support system.

Consoles require a user, or a brain, or connection to a computer with a brain to control a system actively, like maneuvering.

Autonomous control could entail all consoles with brains and a computer without a brain, or a computer with brain and some or all consoles with brains, or a large computer with brain and no consoles with brains.

Consoles are sized and costed assuming a sapient user, so they're overkill for an autonomous setup. Pick a cramped one to minimize this.

Include a maintenance robot, workshop, small cargo hold, and tonnage for access passageways. For docked maintenance, consider adding some life support and add an air lock (personnel, cargo, or both).

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.