Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old November 22nd, 2002, 05:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Falkayn Citizen
I've got two issues here:

1. Marines vs Navy
It seems the material benefits for being a Marine are much better than for being in the Navy. Doesn't seem right somehow. Perhaps the Marines should only get +1 INT and the Navy get +2 INT?

2. Benefit: Vehicle
Hooray! I've got Cr5,000 to spend on a vehicle, that would let me buy ... <flips to standard designs> ... a JEEP! That's all! C'mon, I've only got Vessels/Grav, what am I going to do with a cheap wheeled thingy?! Surely I can get an air/raft?

Perusing the costs on pg. 284 I notice that an air/raft is worth more than a suit of battledress! Also, I can buy 29 grav-belts for the cost of one air/raft (I always thought grav-belts were pricier than air/raft?).

May I suggest that the PC is either given the cheapest vehicle that meets their skills/feats, or (if they choose to cash it in) has the opportunity to roll again on the Cash table?
Falkayn<br /><b><a href=\"http://www.Falkayn.com\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn.com</a></b><br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cafepress.com/falkayn\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn\'s Store</a></b><br />(Traveller inspired T-shirts!)
Old December 8th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Falkayn Citizen
{Bump}

I'd still like to know how my character is supposed to afford a decent high-tech vehicle when he rolls one in mustering out ...

Thanks!
Falkayn<br /><b><a href=\"http://www.Falkayn.com\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn.com</a></b><br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cafepress.com/falkayn\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn\'s Store</a></b><br />(Traveller inspired T-shirts!)
Old December 8th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Ellros Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Ellros
TA3, which deals with vehicles and design rules, should be out in a few weeks. There should be some stock vehicles in there to choose from.
Old December 8th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-8

endwarde Citizen
I'd still like to know how my character is supposed to afford a decent high-tech vehicle when he rolls one in mustering out ...

Thanks!
===================

I'd say he could have one via a loan, like everyone else who wants a vehicle but doesn't have the cash. I'd probably run it like the loan for a starship.
Old December 8th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

DrSkull Citizen
You are absolutely right about the mustering out vehicle result. 5000cr (= jeep) is too low. I mean if you can get a mortgaged starship as a mustering out roll why not an air/raft? (I believe I even raised this question during playtest)

But, the thing is in print, so there's nothing official to be done about it now. You've just got to persude your GM to change it for the campaing. I'm going to increase it to 50,000cr per occurance of vehicle and allow players to club together.
Old December 8th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

Rodrigo Citizen
Why not treat it as a 'mortgaged' vehicle -- allow the player to take any vehicle up to 'x' cost and have a 5 or 10 year loan to pay off, reduced for multiple occurrences the same way a starship mortgage is.
Old December 13th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Kevin Livingston Citizen
Question

I have an issue with a Traveller's Mustering out benefit of "ship". What exactly kind of ship does he/she get?
Old December 13th, 2002, 08:40 PM

Ellros Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Ellros
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Livingston:
I have an issue with a Traveller's Mustering out benefit of "ship". What exactly kind of ship does he/she get?
Gm's choice actually. The descritpion at the front of the Terms section say it could be one of several different choices. Merchant, Yacht, Patrol Cruiser, etc.
Old December 13th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Kevin Livingston Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Ellros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kevin Livingston:
Gm's choice actually. The descritpion at the front of the Terms section say it could be one of several different choices. Merchant, Yacht, Patrol Cruiser, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]Oh Oh Oh Oh Okie dokie. No "hard and fast rules" huh?
The referee could be "Monty Haul" or a complete jerk if he/she wanted to.
Old December 29th, 2002, 12:06 AM

Cleon the Mad Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Livingston:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ellros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kevin Livingston:
Gm's choice actually. The descritpion at the front of the Terms section say it could be one of several different choices. Merchant, Yacht, Patrol Cruiser, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]Oh Oh Oh Oh Okie dokie. No "hard and fast rules" huh?
The referee could be "Monty Haul" or a complete jerk if he/she wanted to.
</font>[/QUOTE]Yes...and no. Remember, one roll of a "ship" means you have a brand new ship...and 40 years of payments on something that costs dozens or hundreds of megacredits. So in a way, if the GM is "Monty Haul" and gives out a big ship, unless he continues to be "Monty Haul" and give the players enormous amounts of credits to pay for this thing, they are screwed more then if the GM gives them a cheap rustbucket. Only way to get a truly free ship is to roll "ship" five times, once to get it, four more times to reduce the payments by 40 years...which means they now have a 40 year old ship with 40 years of wear and tear.