Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5 > Pre-Release Discussion

Pre-Release Discussion Archive of the pre-release T5 Public

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
iron warrior Citizen
Default Is it out?

T5's release has become something of a multi year running joke, so I'm confused a bit here when people say they've got it. Is it available, yes or no?
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron warrior View Post
T5's release has become something of a multi year running joke, so I'm confused a bit here when people say they've got it. Is it available, yes or no?
Yes and no.

Hans
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

What Hans means is (as I understand it) that there is a CD-ROM chock-a-block full of T5 in raw files form available from Far Future Enterprises (iirc), aka Marc Miller, at www.farfuture.net for $35 plus shipping. These are more development files of the early material than final ready to play fully playtested and edited.

With that comes access to the playtest forums on this site where things are being hashed out, and updates to the material on the CD-ROM as it develops.

And if I am not mistaken when it is published you get that too. But it's been ages since I looked into it and things may have changed or I may be misremebering. It may even be closed by this time.

One of those closer to the subject or more up to date on it should be along to straighten me out shortly

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
What Hans said.

And what Dan said is right.

But I'll tell you, the CD is out-dated already; the playtest forum has a lot of updated, errata-fixed files, and Marc is slogging thru starship design.

So you could get the latest stuff, and it is indeed chock-a-block, but it's not complete yet.
Tools Link

Last edited by robject; October 27th, 2010 at 10:56 PM..
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation

Quote:
T5's release has become something of a multi year running joke
Yeah, but don't mistake my April Fool's jokes for lack of enthusiasm. I'm very much looking forward to T5 coming out in finished form.
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Visit Selandia's Blog
Selandia Citizen
Default make this Sticky?

I just got my copy today

Even if I am not the one that made the post I must thanks you. It is usefull to know that it is already outdated, I will check the errata before getting all worked up.

Thanks

Selandia
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

RixRacer Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to RixRacer Send a message via Skype™ to RixRacer
Default So What Now?

I bought the original release of T5 18+ months ago (I think) it was just coming out at the time. It was understood that there were a lot of gaps in the mechanics and rules. If we bought the original release, do we get the updates for free. I can't find anything on the FFE site that states anything like that or allows me to download the updates.

Anyone have information on this?
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

RixRacer, you should have gotten an invite to the special T5 forum here on CotI for purchasing. If not DonM can get you in. Drop him a PM (click the name back there) through CotI. That's where the updates and more reside as I understand it.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

cyberknight Citizen

I likewise must have missed my invite when I purchased the CD.
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Actually, this year's April Fools joke was the announcement of a coupon for Drivetrhoughrpg that would give the lucky person the entire Traveller canon. I want Traveller 8 more than I want Traveller 5...so hopefully Marc can slip the manuscript into Mongoose's production schedule.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/