Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old July 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
mvdwege Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to mvdwege
Default Chargen question: Wound allocation and disability discharge

Hi all,

I am adapting Patron Encounter Querion/Salvager (p. 19) from Mongoose's Spinward Encounters into a short adventure that I plan to run on the monthly RPG gathering in Amsterdam, probably next month.

For this purpose I am running through chargen a few times to see if interesting characters come up to use as pre-gens and NPCs (if the dice are fickle I will settle for selecting instead of rolling), and I ran into two minor questions on the military careers:

1. Wound allocation if the Risk roll fails: do I allocate them as normal combat hits, or do I have to allocate them to the Controlling Characteristic for that Term?

2. Disability discharge: if after recovery I have a wound of 3 or more hits left, I get a disability discharge. Do I continue to roll for Promotion and Skills as normal before discharging my character?

On a side note, I am planning on writing up some Sword World equipment and at least one starship based on stuff from the Mongoose Sword Worlds book in T5 stats to equip my NPCs. Any interest on the final stats when I am done? If yes, do I post them in this forum?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.