Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 0
Charles.Darney Citizen+Charles.Darney Citizen+
Default It's Happening.... Finally getting off my butt

After years of thinking/hoping/dreaming, I've committed myself to running a Traveller game. Right now, I'm in a 3-person "Frontier Space" group, and we'll be wrapping up the adventure at our next session - April 11th.

We're going to follow that up with Traveller chargen, and discussion on what type of game they want to play (typical choices- free trader/firefly~esque, mercenary/military, space truckers who have their routine turn pear-shaped, archaologists/explorers.... whatever). And then, the game will start on April 25th.

Aside from the two others in the current group, we had one drop-in who is interested in Traveller, and a co-worker of mine is interested, so I could have four players to start.

If anyone in Southeastern Wisconsin is interested, we're playing in West Allis at Binary, on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, from 6pm-9 or 10 pm. I'll be posting on the Milwaukee Traditional Gamer's Meetup, and that will have more details. I'll have some pregens with me.

We'll be playing Mongoose 2nd edition, just because it's new and in print, and I don't find anything I hate about it (except for the weapon & armor illustrations...... but I'm picky about those and they have no bearing on gameplay).

I'm still waffling on when I want to set the game. There's so much out there for the 3I, and it's familiar to me, so that's the obvious choice, but I'm still pondering that.

It's been over 20 years since I've run Traveller. Wish me luck

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.