Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old February 10th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 10
SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+

I kinda figured the Ell-tee part only applied to the Hhhhharmy!

mg- mt+ t5>++(**) ce fl ru+ ge !3i c- jt- au+ ls+ pi+ ta-- he++

Christopher 0301 X065A57-F S kk++ hi+ va+ dr+ vr+ vi-- A613

Duke Eneldun http://travellermap.com/world?sector...20Rim&hex=0326
Baron Overnale http://www.travellermap.com/world?se...rches&hex=1937
K.C.E.G. of Arnyl (Knight Commander of the Honorable Order of the Emperor's Guard) http://www.travellermap.com/world?sector=Deneb&hex=0930
Old February 10th, 2019, 06:06 PM

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow Kinda...

True for the LT part but even the Scouts use the designations of Ranger or Pathfinder due to their specialized and more dangerous career path. They're somewhat elite for the Scouts.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:04 AM

Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen

Well, one of the reasons I picked Olam was that I had created a write-up on that world. I think I posted it in the Permatic Imperium Dropbox (which I no longer have access to because I got a new computer in the meantime) but not on this forum, so I'll paste it in the current setting thread.
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:47 PM

Gallery : 10
SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+

Tariess has atmosphere 6!

mg- mt+ t5>++(**) ce fl ru+ ge !3i c- jt- au+ ls+ pi+ ta-- he++

Christopher 0301 X065A57-F S kk++ hi+ va+ dr+ vr+ vi-- A613

Duke Eneldun http://travellermap.com/world?sector...20Rim&hex=0326
Baron Overnale http://www.travellermap.com/world?se...rches&hex=1937
K.C.E.G. of Arnyl (Knight Commander of the Honorable Order of the Emperor's Guard) http://www.travellermap.com/world?sector=Deneb&hex=0930
Old February 15th, 2019, 05:07 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Red face Welll....uh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
Well, one of the reasons I picked Olam was that I had created a write-up on that world. I think I posted it in the Permatic Imperium Dropbox (which I no longer have access to because I got a new computer in the meantime) but not on this forum, so I'll paste it in the current setting thread.
I will try and fix that soon. Very soon, like tonight if I can, Moday latest.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:47 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default What about my previous Ranger dude?

Hiya, Mags! Any chance my Ranger from your previous Permatic Imperium game could get into this one? I really liked that guy, and didn't get to play him very long at all.

I hope that I am not being overly optimistic, but I think I could handle being a player in a game (I know I am not up to being a GM ). LMK what you think. I'm gonna peruse your other Sticky pages re Setting etc.

SB

GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Currently playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old February 19th, 2019, 03:07 AM

Thumbs up PC lamp is lit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Hiya, Mags! Any chance my Ranger from your previous Permatic Imperium game could get into this one? I really liked that guy, and didn't get to play him very long at all.

I hope that I am not being overly optimistic, but I think I could handle being a player in a game (I know I am not up to being a GM ). LMK what you think. I'm gonna peruse your other Sticky pages re Setting etc.

SB
If you can find him, sure. That gives me two Scouts and one Navy, not bad. Man this is when I miss the old Force Commander. He would have filled that gun-bunny slot and with style.

Still Scouts are supposed to be resouceful...

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:58 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
If you can find him, sure.
Thanks, pal. As for finding him, well, I'm pretty sure he is still right where I left him, down below there in the threads from your previous Permatic Imperium game that he was in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
Man this is when I miss the old Force Commander. He would have filled that gun-bunny slot and with style.
Yeah.

==============================================

Here is Frank Masuda v.4.0, made in the Using CotI Die-Roller for T5 Char-Gen thread.

Frank Masuda, Imperial Scout Service, Permatic Imperium
Player: SpaceBadger; Created: 01 May 2014, for Magnus's PbP Game
Name: Francisco Jackson Masuda (Frank, Pancho)
Born: 301-154 PI, Died: N/A, Seven Terms, Age: 46
Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue, Height: 1.9m, Mass: 91 kg
Title(s): Senior Scout (7 terms), Knight of the Empire (KE), Knight of the Prepared Order of the Compass and Beacon (KB)
Fame: 19 (3 x Discoverer of [Something], plus 7 for public arrests as Ranger)
(additonal Fame 9 for secret activity as Ranger Agent limited to Need to Know) Total Fame 19+9=28
Mustering Out Money: Cr90,000

Description: Frank Masuda (Pancho to old friends) is a deceptively mild, plain-featured man. Casual friends would call him a calm, friendly person. Those with sufficient security clearance to know of his exploits as a Ranger Agent would laugh out loud at such a description. He commonly wears his old Scout Service shipsuit, unless the circumstances call for dressing up or down. He always carries at least one non-lethal weapon, varying according to local legal restrictions. If expecting trouble, he will also be carrying (holstered) his TL-F Gauss pistol with selectable ammunition (tranq, frag, penetrator) from his Ranger days.

He is frequently found around starports, either operating his detached duty Type S Scoutship Vargr's Grin or else working on some other ship, or doing a favor for someone down on his/her/its luck. His one public lament is that he never made enough discoveries for a TAS membership, and he jokes sometimes about saving his pennies to buy his way in.

UPP (final): 7DBA6C
UPP (birth): 9A9944
Genetic Profile: 6633X2

Skills: Actor-2, Admin-1, Advocate-2, Animals-0(Rider-1), Astrogator-2, Bureaucrat-2, Driver-0(Grav-1), Electronics-2, Fighter-3(Unarmed-2), Flyer-0(Grav-2), Forensics-4, Gravitics-2, Hostile Environment-1, JOT-1, Language: TBD-2, Pilot-2(SmallCraft-2), Recon-2, Sensors-2, Stealth-4, Streetwise-3, Survey-2, Survival-3, Trader-1, Vaccsuit-2

[Cascades: Starship-6: Astrogator-2, Pilot-2(SmallCraft-2); Soldier-2: Recon-2]

Homeworld: Heridis [FARS 1128] C 745 744-B S Ag Na Pi Tz 800 Im.
HW Skills: Animals, Survey, JOT, Driver(Grav)

Education: ED5

Imperial Scout Service (Exploration & Contact) - Three Terms
- made three Discoveries, received three Discovery Grants
- received Type S Scoutship on detached duty status
- Fame 12 from three Discoveries

Imperial Scout Service (Ranger Branch) - Four Terms (Agent)
- four undercover (Marine Officer, Merchant Steward, Merchant Astrogator, Citizen)
- received four Commendations: 3, 6, 5, 2 (16 total)
- awarded two Knighthoods upon retirement: Knight of the Empire (KE) and Knight of the Prepared Order of the Compass and Beacon (KB)
- received Life Insurance benefit in recognition of exemplary service in hazardous duty
- Fame 16 from Commendations (7 public knowledge, 9 only for those with Need to Know)

GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Currently playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 19th, 2019 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Found Frank and pasted him in
Old February 21st, 2019, 06:17 PM

Gallery : 0
77topaz Citizen

Here is the more prosaic character information about Julius Tanaka I promised (it links to the information on Olam I posted in the setting thread):

On his mother's side, Julius is part of House Varsis, an Olamese local-nobility family (SOC 9) that gained in power after the ascension of Rigel Lluzon to Judge-Emperor of Olam in 0180 PI because they have ties to House Lluzon. House Varsis also has ties to the system defence forces and ore mining ventures (Olam's primary export prior to the arrival of multiworld technological companies following the ascension of House Lluzon), and aided House Lluzon in tracking down and combating members of House Rannian after the assassination of Rigel Lluzon at the hands of Robert Rannian in 0192 PI.

On his father's side, Julius comes from a family of average social standing, with his father's family having immigrated from [FARS 1624] Saucil when Julius's father was young. The Tanaka family, though lacking the social or economic power of House Varsis, has had numerous members in the Imperial Navy.

ALLIES:

Hallon Tanaka, Julius's father, who served three terms in the Imperial Navy and is currently employed as a Craftsman for Wiseman Yards, a Chartered Company manufacturing smallcraft and vehicles who moved their headquarters to Olam after the ascension of House Lluzon (who provided a large, technically skilled workforce with fewer regulations than on other Imperial worlds, and also acquired shares in the company).

Carick Shanley, who was Julius's mentor/commanding officer in the Imperial Navy and is currently ranked O5 Captain. Though sometimes not taken seriously by those of the same rank as him because of his eccentricities (exotic tastes in fashion and music, laziness in paperwork, tendency to flirt with female officers), he is a skilled strategist and tactician.

Isaac Varsis, Julius's younger cousin on his mother's side who is currently also in the Imperial Navy. Rash and somewhat antisocial and insubordinate, but a skilled medic and combatant. Also notably psionically skilled.
Old February 21st, 2019, 08:13 PM

Arrow Ooo, oooo, ooo, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
Here is the more prosaic character information about Julius Tanaka I promised (it links to the information on Olam I posted in the setting thread):

On his mother's side, Julius is part of House Varsis, an Olamese local-nobility family (SOC 9) that gained in power after the ascension of Rigel Lluzon to Judge-Emperor of Olam in 0180 PI because they have ties to House Lluzon. House Varsis also has ties to the system defence forces and ore mining ventures (Olam's primary export prior to the arrival of multiworld technological companies following the ascension of House Lluzon), and aided House Lluzon in tracking down and combating members of House Rannian after the assassination of Rigel Lluzon at the hands of Robert Rannian in 0192 PI.

On his father's side, Julius comes from a family of average social standing, with his father's family having immigrated from [FARS 1624] Saucil when Julius's father was young. The Tanaka family, though lacking the social or economic power of House Varsis, has had numerous members in the Imperial Navy.

ALLIES:

Hallon Tanaka, Julius's father, who served three terms in the Imperial Navy and is currently employed as a Craftsman for Wiseman Yards, a Chartered Company manufacturing smallcraft and vehicles who moved their headquarters to Olam after the ascension of House Lluzon (who provided a large, technically skilled workforce with fewer regulations than on other Imperial worlds, and also acquired shares in the company).

Carick Shanley, who was Julius's mentor/commanding officer in the Imperial Navy and is currently ranked O5 Captain. Though sometimes not taken seriously by those of the same rank as him because of his eccentricities (exotic tastes in fashion and music, laziness in paperwork, tendency to flirt with female officers), he is a skilled strategist and tactician.

Isaac Varsis, Julius's younger cousin on his mother's side who is currently also in the Imperial Navy. Rash and somewhat antisocial and insubordinate, but a skilled medic and combatant. Also notably psionically skilled.
So, the locals play rough.

I think I might need to sit down and work up a chronology for the last fifty years or so. What with all the characters and their Careers I'm starting to have some actual events in the setting.

Oh and what was Julius' thesis for Command College? A title would be nice, an abstract best. But I would like to know what it was they learned there.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean