Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Veteran's Day in the U.S.

On Saturday, November 11th, the US will be celebrating Veteran's Day, to honor those men and women who have served their country that are still living. Many restaurants will be giving free meals to veterans on Saturday and Monday to thank them for their service. As a veteran, I am very glad to see this now, but as a Vietnam-era veteran, I can also remember that period after Vietnam when admitting that you were a veteran could result in much verbal abuse, and at times, physical abuse, being spat on is not a lot of fun. It is great that the country has grown beyond that, but the pain and scars still remain in the Vietnam veterans. If you know a veteran, perhaps a simple phone call or note of thanks would be so greatly appreciated.

Remember, when you put on the uniform, you surrender many of your freedoms to preserve the freedom of all.
Do you have a security clearance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.