Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Twilight:2000 > TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E

TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E Discussion of the Twilight: 2000 from GDW.

Old November 5th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Putraack Citizen

FWIW, T2k v2.0 had a different Initiative system. Init was rated 1-6.

6 Acts
6 Acts, then 5s act
6, 5, 4 acts
6, 5, 4, 3 acts
6, 5, 4, 3, 2 acts. And anyone with a 1 initiative is probably dead by now. I didn't like it, since the numbers were fixed at character generation, although if one survived enough fights, you could earn Initiative XPs to spend on improving your initiative. What I did like was that wounds reduced initiative: -1 for slight wounds and -3 for serious, and when hit, you lost your next action. This can lead to low-Initiative characters quitting the fight when they take sufficient damage.

I prefer v1's hesitations & coolness rule. When I run at conventions, I give everyone 6 poker chips, blue for actions and white for hesitations, and then ask them every round which they are using. As a house rule, I borrowed from v2, and trade red for blue chips as the PCs collect wounds.

I still allow the repetitive actions rule, as well as allowing characters to give directions to other characters, overriding the order-receiver's Hesitations.
Old November 5th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putraack View Post
I wish T2K 2.0 was also on the CD...

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:04 PM

AsenRG Citizen+AsenRG Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBat242 View Post
Oops - I mixed up which to count. So yes, 20 months combat.

Remember to round up after dividing by 2 for hesitation rounds... 5/2=2.5, rounded up to 3 hesitation rounds.
OK, so it's 3 hesitation rounds either way.
Thank you, that's very informative!

One last thing, how easy it is to adapt material from other games of the line? I think Merc 2000 might be closer to what I want, setting-wise, but I like the CUF rules better. However, AFAICT, Merc 2000 uses the v. 2.0/v. 2.2 of the rules.

I must note that one thing I like more and more about this system. Namely, there's no "Intelligence" attribute. (For this game, I'm planning to adopt the logic that "intelligence should be a player's attribute"... not a character's quality.
Of course, education is fine!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putraack View Post

6 Acts
6 Acts, then 5s act
6, 5, 4 acts
6, 5, 4, 3 acts
6, 5, 4, 3, 2 acts. And anyone with a 1 initiative is probably dead by now. I didn't like it, since the numbers were fixed at character generation, although if one survived enough fights, you could earn Initiative XPs to spend on improving your initiative. What I did like was that wounds reduced initiative: -1 for slight wounds and -3 for serious, and when hit, you lost your next action. This can lead to low-Initiative characters quitting the fight when they take sufficient damage.

I prefer v1's hesitations & coolness rule. When I run at conventions, I give everyone 6 poker chips, blue for actions and white for hesitations, and then ask them every round which they are using. As a house rule, I borrowed from v2, and trade red for blue chips as the PCs collect wounds.

I still allow the repetitive actions rule, as well as allowing characters to give directions to other characters, overriding the order-receiver's Hesitations.
Admittedly, I prefer the hesitation rule as well...at least from the information I've received here. If people like you that have been playing both also agree with this, I guess I just might be on the right path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
I wish T2K 2.0 was also on the CD...
I wish the T2K v1.0 was on the CD. But I can make do with the bundle on RPGNow, instead!
- Alien Module 6: Solomani (Introduction).
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post

I wish the T2K v1.0 was on the CD. But I can make do with the bundle on RPGNow, instead!
It is... on the T2K 1E CD.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old November 6th, 2017, 08:21 PM

AsenRG Citizen+AsenRG Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
It is... on the T2K 1E CD.
Huh, I thought there's only one disk - thank you!
- Alien Module 6: Solomani (Introduction).