Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old October 5th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 27
Visit Major B's Blog
Major B Citizen
Default Armor Question(s)

I did not find this in the current errata after doing a keyword search so I am asking for some feedback.

In the T5.09 ACS rules, armor AV is equal to producing TL. Plate is available at TL8 where AV=8.

Armor can have TLSE applied at TLs above that where a type of armor is available as standard. The mods listed seem to be moot given that AV goes up as TL advances. For example, Improved Plate armor is available at TL9 but AV is already 9 so the mod seems to be baked in.

Ultimate Plate armor is available at TL12. AV for this installation is TL12. The mod listed is superfluous though there is a volume bonus allowing installation of three layers in the space normally taken up by one standard layer (for layers in addition to layer 1 which takes no internal volume.

My question is about what to list as AV at TLs above 12 for plate armor. If I build a ship at TL14, is the AV for plate armor 14 or does it cap out at 12? T5.09 does not specifically say so what is your interpretation of the existing rules?

Captain Kaff Tagon: “Where’s your sense of adventure?”
Captain Kevyn Andreyasn: “It died under mysterious circumstances. My sense of self-preservation found the body, but assures me it has an airtight alibi.”
-- Schlock Mercenary, 22 July 2005.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.