Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old September 4th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+
Default Quick and Dirty Classic Traveller vehicle combat

Eleven months ago, I posted simple Classic Traveller vehicle combat rules on my blog. Following feedback and playtesting, especially by Robert Weaver of Ancient Faith in the Far Future fame, I revised the rules and added a few clarifications. Enjoy!

I have written these rules with the typical Books 1-3 Proto-Traveller spirit in mind. That is, for the purpose of including vehicles in the various adventures and mishaps of interstellar travellers, traders, scouts, and misfits, as well as small-scale mercenaries. I did not aim in any way to simulate large-scale armored warfare but rather to provide some basic rules for what happens when your Scout empties his Submachinegun at a hovering Air/Raft or, at most when a mercenary shoots a RAM grenade at an AFV.

One of my design goals was to create "plug and play" rules for the Three Little Books and Book 4. You can simply take Book 3 vehicles and Book 1/Book 4 guns and have a battle without redesigning any vehicle or assigning any complicated stat.

I drew inspiration for these rules from the Book 2 ship damage rules, the ATV rules in Double Adventure 2: Mission to Mithril/Across the Bright Face, and for a much lesser degree, the Striker wargame.

Grab the rules HERE!

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

Last edited by Golan2072; September 4th, 2017 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Design clarification.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.