Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:37 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Carlobrand's Blog
Carlobrand Respected CitizenCarlobrand Respected CitizenCarlobrand Respected CitizenCarlobrand Respected CitizenCarlobrand Respected CitizenCarlobrand Respected Citizen
Default Remotely piloted vehicle

I'm playing around with the idea of remotely piloted vehicles. Using the MT design rules, a remotely piloted vehicle (RPV) would simply be a vehicle whose controls went through a radio or laser/maser communicator link rather than through whatever wiring a ship would ordinarily use. In other words, the vehicle is here, the control panel and computer is there. This concept is not directly modeled in the rules, as far as I know, so I'm trying to solicit some opinions to develop rules that cover it.

First, would the RPV itself need a computer (Model 0, presumably) to maintain a laser/maser link with the parent, or would the parent's computer be sufficient?

Second, errata allows for up to 12 kiloliters of linked controls per operator without a computer (assuming I'm interpreting that phrasing right). That translates to 600 CP per person for TL10+ control panels, 960 for the TL9 ones, 840 for the TL8 ones. (60 per person for the TL7 ones, if I were trying to build something low tech.) In this instance, I'm imagining a small drone, so CP requirements are typically only a couple or three hundred. Would the parent's controls require a computer to maintain a laser/maser link with the drone, or would the control panels be sufficient?
The assistant dies.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.