Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Agent of the Imperium

Agent of the Imperium Discussion of Marc Miller's Novel, Agent of the Imperium.

Old August 18th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 9
Hyphen Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inexorabletash View Post
But that aside I do have the question: how long has Marc known that the cave in was no accident?!?! Since 1981* ?!?!
Like the Aslan "secret", maybe it's been around forever?

When I went back and re-read it, I couldn't work out how Jonathan knew of the boarded-up tunnels, nor that they were dodgy at that one point.

But I'm more interested in him getting his hands on the Vilani Forbidden Knowledge. I'm guessing that the "bubble ships" he saw twice were pretty similar to the Ancient ship in Secret of the Ancients?
- Count of Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - The Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - The Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron of Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Challenge Coins:
(#222) Plat.Ldr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th
Old August 20th, 2016, 04:25 AM

Gallery : 3
GypsyComet Citizen+GypsyComet Citizen+GypsyComet Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
The Wave of Craziness chapter. It shows what the Imperium considers long term surveys/expeditions
15 to 20 sectors out...

"Alright. Where did that Beaker get a cred stick?"
(Website down until further notice)
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:12 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyComet View Post
15 to 20 sectors out...
Or even further...

In one aside, Bland casually states that the next spiral arm trailing is barren of life.

In another, he mentions gas giant lifeforms are rare in Chartered Space and commonplace beyond it.

In the chapter featuring the planet which gets partially "bobbled", Bland flatly states the Imperium has met people who can make such force fields but they won't sell the technology and the Imperium can't steal it.

I remember reading an article many years ago in either White Dwarf or Dragon presenting the idea of Black Zones - systems the Imperium not only quarantines but also denies the very existence of.

At the time, I thought it was a somewhat interesting idea. After reading AotI, I believe it's a certainty.
Old September 9th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
maksimsmelchak Citizen+maksimsmelchak Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
Or even further...

In one aside, Bland casually states that the next spiral arm trailing is barren of life.

In another, he mentions gas giant lifeforms are rare in Chartered Space and commonplace beyond it.

In the chapter featuring the planet which gets partially "bobbled", Bland flatly states the Imperium has met people who can make such force fields but they won't sell the technology and the Imperium can't steal it.

I remember reading an article many years ago in either White Dwarf or Dragon presenting the idea of Black Zones - systems the Imperium not only quarantines but also denies the very existence of.
Lots of interesting leads.

Quote:
At the time, I thought it was a somewhat interesting idea. After reading AotI, I believe it's a certainty.
Definitely.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.
Old September 9th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Or even further...

They've been a near certainty since Adv 12...
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.