Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Reference

Reference An area for the staff to park copies of really useful bits of research by various members. PM nominations (with the url from the specific post - click the post number to get it -) to one of the staff.

Old February 18th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
JAFARR Citizen
Default Grid Paper PDFS

I have some old hex maps that I bought years ago. After checking several game stores in town, the closest thing I found was the re-useable plastic type for $30. Does anyone know where I can order the paper kind online? The only ones I have left are very small hex size.

There is a place that lets you print them from a pdf http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/
but it does not print larger that legal size sheets (not that my printer would print them anyway).

By the grace of His Imperial Majesty Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi, Baron of the Imperium. granted 241-1107
Old December 19th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default Thanks for the link

Nice to have that handy instead of trying to buy it.

I backed up a link and found some more free graph paper from that site.

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

Have fun.

Dave Chase
Old March 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 41
Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++
Send a message via Yahoo to Patron Zero

A real gem of overlooked treasury of free paper model is the site Space Station 42 (www.ss42.com), literally hundreds of great models on all subjects.

Another great place to visit is the Incompetech free graph paper site, there you can create PDFs for graph and hex paper of various sizes. Myself, I create over-size sheets to use as 'battle-mats' of either terrain, deckplans or sector maps. (http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/)

Most office supply stores will have a quick-print counter equipped with a large-format printer, usually 36" maximum output which is perfect for 24"x36" 25mm deckplans or 36"x60" terrain or sector maps.

I suggest having large-format maps printed as blank double-sided items and having such laminated for long-life and ease of use with dry or water-based markers.

One other bit, visit your local 'dollar' merchandise stores, I frequently find various assortments of bagged small-scale army men suitable for 25mm use.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Due to multiple Incomptech posts, I've added it to the reference section. I, too, recommend this site.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.