Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old October 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Whitman View Post
Scout Ship: Limited Edition 13cm Resin Kit
Any pictures yet? I'm putting money aside right after I post this.

Old January 28th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
Ken Whitman Citizen

Old July 3rd, 2015, 11:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-1

tmpiper Citizen

Are the Beowulf models shipping yet? If not, may I ask if there is a projected date?

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm not in any particular hurry but I've heard nothing about my order in a while and was merely curious.
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Mako Citizen

I believe I saw a posting that they were, and even some pics of boxes of the inbound ones from the factory/painter on-line (Google image search), but no additional info.

I ordered some of the non-limited models, since they were listed on the website as "shipping", but haven't seen or heard anything about them either, and it's been several weeks since I did that.

One person replied to my inquiry here on CotI, and mentioned he hasn't received his either, or a reply to his inquiry as to when his order might ship.

Last edited by Mako; July 4th, 2015 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: additional info added
Old July 16th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Marquis

Location: 9,000-ft Colorado Rockies (Think Cool, Thin, Low Pop)
Gallery : 9
Visit Hovtej's Blog
Hovtej Citizen

I still haven't received the painted and unpainted 16cm Beowulf models I ordered last year in support of the Kickstarter campaign. I have made several inquires as Ken requested in Kickstarter updates (with the PayPal payment information) but have received absolutely no reply. I'm posting here again hoping to get Ken's attention in case there is a problem with the emails.

Duke [Dikaash; Imp. Core (Raami); 3rd Imp. (Shushaka)]
Count (Spin: Vilis, Roup)
Marquis of the Imp. Core (Core: Shirg, Sagaku)
Baron of the 3rd Imp. (Spin: Dinomn)

Sir John Lambert, Knight (Core: Shirg)
LtCol CO 4th Bn 4518 Lift Inf Reg
SEH (Battle of Alell) x2
MCG (Assault on Menorb)
Knight of Deneb (Spin: Vilis, Roup, Marastan; Reft: Mukiud)
Knight of the 3rd Imp. (Spin: Pyramus)
Knight of the Solomani Rim (Solo: Rith)

TAS: Shirg; Foote

Last edited by Hovtej; July 16th, 2015 at 10:09 AM..
Old July 16th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Count

Visit Hemdian's Blog
Hemdian Citizen+Hemdian Citizen+

I don't know why Ken's not responding but I suspect part of it might be he's spread himself too thin at the moment.

As an FYI, for the resin ships, I ordered one of everything. I received a painted Beowulf on 20 Feb but the turrets were broken (*). A replacement was sent on 13 Mar with better turrets... but multiple other breaks (*). On 01 Jun, Ken posted an update on Kickstarter saying that due to slow production from China, he was moving production inhouse. Since then he's finished the first episode of KOTDT and is no doubt trying to get Spinward Traveller done in time for its Gencon US release. Add to that his two pencil dice projects were supposed to arrive at the beginning of this month (we should get those in 45-60 days thereafter).

Like I said, I think he may have spread himself too thin. However, I'm going to wait for the dust to settle on Spinward Traveller before chasing him as IMHO that should be his primary focus right now. (But it would be nice if he gave more timely updates, especially when things are running late.)

* = Unboxing videos are on my YouTube channel.

Hemdian's Law of Ubiquity: If it's likely to be ubiquitous, then having a code is counter-productive.
William Durrant:
- Duke William Durrant of Patu (Core 0637)
- TAS Membership (bearer) - Lysio (Corr 0815)
Peter LS Trevor:
- Sir Peter LS Trevor of Yori (Spin 2110)
- Knight of the Domain of Deneb - Yori (Spin 2110)
- MCG (The Pursuits At Knorbes)
- TAS Membership (named) - Yori (Spin 2110)
- Dr Sir Peter LS Trevor of Yori (Exobiologist)
... Hephaestus Mission
(Others):
- Count of Shakiiga (Core 2938)
- Marquis of Piram (Dene 2116)
- Baron of L'Sis (Dene 0409), Mongo (Spin 1204),
Knorbes (Spin 1807), Cabrini (Dene 0319)
- Knight of Marfa (Mass 2001), Alard (Forn 2307), Mora (Spin 3124)
- TAS Membership - Yllya (Forn 0705), Floinn (Forn 1034)
IMTU: ct+ tm++ tn t4 t5++ tg t20 th mgt ru+ ge+ 3i+ c++ jt- au ls-- pi+ ta he
Old July 16th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemdian View Post
I don't know why Ken's not responding but I suspect part of it might be he's spread himself too thin at the moment.
6 kickstarters including 2 filming projects. Yeah, he's spread thin.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 9
Tikon Citizen

Still no excuse though. People supported him and they deserve to know what's going on. Especially if they took money out of their pockets for him. Seriously how much effort would an update email take? None. That's just disrespectful.
Old October 18th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Mako Citizen

I've waited four months for delivery of a three item, Plain Resin, Traveller Spaceship set, listed by Ken Whitman here on CotI, and on the D20 Entertainment website as "Now Shipping".

I've filed a Paypal Claim against him for non-delivery.

Others have been waiting much longer than I have, e.g. allegedly as long as a year, or so.

One guy did receive a partial order in the last few days, but only after he mentioned on Ken's Facebook page that he was going to take him to Small Claims Court in Kentucky, and lived close enough to make that seem plausible.

Many, many others have allegedly not received the promised ships they've paid for, nor have they received e-mail responses back regarding their items. A lot of others allegedly haven't received their t-shirts, posters, scripts, CDs, books, etc., etc. as well.

Many of those have now been deleted from the D20 Entertainment website.

I sent Ken three inquiries myself about my order in the last four months (none of them bounced, but his phone is disconnected), plus a Paypal dispute, and haven't received any responses from the guy via that method, or here on CotI, which I know he visits as well.

He posted in both June, and August, that the resin spaceships were available, and "shipping", but it really shouldn't take four months to pack and ship an order, which can be delivered by the US Postal Service in 2 - 3 days, via Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation for a reasonable price.

That's why I've raised my dispute to a Paypal Claim. Still awaiting resolution on that.

Buyer beware.