Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Far Trader > Public Area

Old April 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Cool Well, not sure I would be drinking on duty, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_manley View Post
That's part of the adventure. Land ship, load up trucks, drive to where you deliver goods. The adventure could be shorter by having the pilot stay on board.

Night beasties start attacking and freaking everyone out.

Radio call goes out.

"Rob, you there?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"You been drinking?!?"

"Hell yeah, this is me time baby."

"We're in a situation. Something is attacking us. Can you come get us?"

"Powering up right now."
Yeah, see there it becomes just a job, not an adventure. I been on adventures they suck. Me, I am just looking to do a job and get paid. Starships ain't cheap to run, ain't got the time to adventure, CrIps don't make themselves.

"What are you griping about? It is just a quick run to an Amber Zone, how bad can it be?" heard that line before. Also, if there are super-carnivores eating the world bare of people at night, beside being a copy of Legacy of Herod (sp? On last) that kind of threat is most def a Red Zone, not a mere Amber Zone. Just saying.

If you are going to go with night-beasties, skip the Amber and go with the old standard, "everything was going smoothly and then...something went horribly wrong". No warning, congrats players you made a Discovery, native super-carnivores. Now the adventure isn't just escape the monsters, but escaping the monsters, warning the Imperium and getting that big payout for your bravery and loyalty and of course adventurous spirit of discovery.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Baron Citizen

Nice work!
Old July 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM

Spaceresearcher Citizen+Spaceresearcher Citizen+

Is there any chance of getting a Kickstarter happening to make this project a reality?

I'd imagine after all this time it will require re-shooting to match the new cast.

Still it would be great to see the Traveller adventure you guys had planned.
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

I think a major difficulty would be finding someone to do the graphic FX, as that was all Andrew Boulton's work, IIRC.

Second difficulty might be Marc Miller's preference not to have this come out and distract from his own project, the Spinward Traveller TV show.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 16th, 2014, 01:12 AM

Baeron Gredlocke Citizen

Quote:
I think a major difficulty would be finding someone to do the graphic FX, as that was all Andrew Boulton's work, IIRC.
Yeah, that's the main reason the project has been stalled out for so long. My AD and I have been looking at a few options there, but it pretty much comes down to paying a professional for their work, which means a crowdsourcing campaign.

Quote:
Second difficulty might be Marc Miller's preference not to have this come out and distract from his own project, the Spinward Traveller TV show.
Actually I've already been in contact with both Marc and Ken to make sure there's no conflicts with my project- Both of them are quite supportive of the Far Trader project, and Ken's efforts give me the time to step back and regroup after some of the setbacks I've had getting this thing off the ground.
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Any chance of you and Ken being able to combine resources and save costs in some ways, such as re-using props or CGI models or creating some stock special FX to share?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old July 24th, 2014, 01:26 AM

Baeron Gredlocke Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Any chance of you and Ken being able to combine resources and save costs in some ways, such as re-using props or CGI models or creating some stock special FX to share?
That would be quite convenient, but I doubt there would be quite enough overlap to be feasible- we're geographically distant enough that practical props would have to be shipped, sets aren't really transportable. CG resources would likely not fit since the "featured" vessel in each property are quite different. I would love to be involved in Ken's project in some other way but it sounds like he's got all his bases covered.

Plus, it sounds like the production design between the two projects will be pretty unique.