Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Liftoff

Liftoff Unofficial discussion related to 13Mann's Traveller: Liftoff set. For official discussion, go to http://forum.13mann.de/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=67.

Note: The project has been cancelled, but the Beta-1.3 files are still available from 13 Mann.

Old May 5th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 0
DonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM AwesomeDonM Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdan View Post
Is there an official place to discuss problems?
Yes, there is...

The official forum for discussing Liftoff is at not working at the moment. Let me go tell Rouven. Don't post it here, we want it all in one place. So hang on...

Moderator of the ct-starships mailing list
Official Traveller Errata Collector (CT/MT/TNE/T4/T20/MGT/T5)
Official Archivist of Digest Group Publications
T5 Forum Hall Monitor and FFE Minion
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

thesmiths4 Citizen

Reading the German language forums over on the 13mann boards is like hearing the lyrics to a Falco song! "Rock me, Amadeus!"
Old May 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

nats Citizen

Well you shouldnt make fun of people that are more literate than yourself. I was just thinking about this when watching Eurovision - that here in the UK we are lucky if most people can even speak English properly never mind talk and sing fluently in two or more languages. I am sure most of the people on the 13Mann boards can speak relatively well in both German and English.
Old May 13th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

thesmiths4 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
Well you shouldnt make fun of people that are more literate than yourself. I was just thinking about this when watching Eurovision - that here in the UK we are lucky if most people can even speak English properly never mind talk and sing fluently in two or more languages. I am sure most of the people on the 13Mann boards can speak relatively well in both German and English.
So... Actually, I wasn't making fun of anyone. I just hear German spoken so infrequently here that reading it brings back memories of hearing Falco rap his way through a song about Mozart.

And yes, most of them can probably speak English far, far better than I can speak German.
Old May 13th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 8
tim_manley Citizen

I deserve the right to make fun of anyone I please :P
Old May 14th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Jame Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
I could give you horror stories of humans (and let me point out that I deliberately avoided the use of the term "people") who come in to the retail site where I work and have problems with the English language - some of them don't speak it and have a cultural bias against learning it, and some of them are natives and they still have a cultural bias against proper usage!
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 8
Easterner9504 Citizen

The website works fine. I posted on it today.

Liftoff

http://forum.13mann.de/wbb/index.php...ard&boardID=67

The set is aimed at younger players. The UPP generation should be adopted by all MgT players immediately. Homeworld generation and pre-career skills too, though you'd need to reduce them to zero's to be consistent with MgT pre-career skills.

The Chargen is good but it eliminates terms, aging, all Contact/Rival types and the ultra cool Events that makes MgT Chargen so uniquely great. It reminds me slightly of GURPS TRAVELLER Chargen. Some minor changes could fix it. Also no Army or Navy careers are planned. Despite this it gives skills out in copious amounts with virtually no randomness. Three Scouts from Exploration branch would have identical skills excepting the pre and post career skills both of which are more random.