Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old April 21st, 2014, 01:49 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 7
Visit Baron Saarthuran's Blog
Baron Saarthuran Citizen
Default County Ories - Task Orders

I would like an RU estimate, and a lead time estimate on the following by week's end.

Warning! These numbers are draft only and are subject to change.

SDB Squadron, 10 units, 500 Tons Assume RU 1 buys 1Kt with a year a support (includes 3 months combat operations) for these.

Cargo Trader Convoy, 10,000 Tons, 10 ships Assume as above but without combat operational support, but with annual maintenance maybe included.

Battlecruiser, 300,000 tons (Jobs Contract) This and the Carrier will need some more time to work out.

Carrier (200 Fighters) 200,000 tons (jobs contract, recruiting contract)

Fighter: 15tons Purchased as Vehicles or are incidental costs for the Carrier. No numbers for Wing or Squadron costs yet.

Bomber: 45tons

Stealth Warship 100tons

County Army, 10 Squads Just what constitutes a "squad" in your book and what kind of arms and defenses are you looking at?

County Gunship Squadron, 10 10ton AGC tanks See fighters/bombers.

Battle Dress Squads, 10 man

Industrial Production Complex Might depend on the product being produced, but this is something I need to invest some serious thought too. Will get back to you later...

X-Gun Artillery If we are talking about super cannons, could be cheap, if you mean something else, pleas explain. Like that 10.88 AA weapon, what is that?

10.88 Anti aircraft Weapon

Regards,
CO

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 25th, 2014 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Answers, sort of.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:16 AM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question Some answers and a question.

So, first off my preliminary answers are inline in Ref Blue.

Second thing, how did you get this post set to "Moderated"?

I know I didn't do it and it would be nice to know if another Mod came in and did it. It was rather disconcerting to have a Mod ask me about it. It was cool, but a bit like being stopped by the cops it throws you when you are behaving at the time.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:03 PM

Baron Saarthuran Citizen

I am not sure, I got a "this needs to go before the review board of moderators" when i typed up this post.
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:28 PM

Baron Saarthuran Citizen

Alexander transfers this file and the planetology file, and puts both up on the board as he sits alone in the War Room, after hours, and switched to voicetouch interface...

"Carrier and Battlecruiser contracts are to be Keeled this fiscal year, as part of the Economic Recovery Program (ERP). They are to mount a stronger Oriesian defense, while filling the role of a long term Jobs and Production Contract...."

"Describe current sociological set up of System Pecias. What is the current state and RU output of the Settlers, at TL2 norms."

"open Task File and Record. Items are unitemized and in no priority order in Queue:"

External, County:

Strusli : Fund recruitment drive from TL 4 population, offering education, passes off Strusli, tech, recruit for Security/OAS.

Pecias: feasability study into upgrading Starport to Class C, and automation overview of resource production.

Muzil: recruitment drive for advanced labor. TL 8

SECURITY REQ: Willard Zhi-Lawrence, Status.

REQ Review of Ories Amber Zone Classification..

REQ review of Fort Breotion REd Zone Classification..This one is easy. It is Fortress World of the Imperial Army and it Red Zoned to keep people from getting in trouble either by getting blasted by ordnance or trying to spy for the Parthians.

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 25th, 2014 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Answered a question.
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:38 PM

Baron Saarthuran Citizen

"Begin monologue recording for "Ories Speaks Out!" Special interest program...
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:07 PM

Baron Saarthuran Citizen

rough notes-Ories

1. Everyone lives in cylindrical Arcologies, (Pop 5 million, each). They are embedded in the sea floor and rise on (aided by passive grav) generators into the breathable stratosphere of Ories. There are 36 total Arcologies, including the County seat.

2. Ories' world ocean, is rich in resources, mostly a high grade of fuel, and under tremendous pressure. Only the stratosphere is breathable, and the lower you go down, the hotter and more dense/liquid state it gets.

3. Ories has emission standards set for Starships. Starships are FORBIDDEN to enter or land in the system's hydrosphere unless they are specially rated to operate the conditions. Violation of this results in a fine for first offenders, and then Prison for second offenders.

4. With no planetoid belts, Ories has a weak Belters Guild, almost non existent. Instead, the Fuel guild, running Vast refinery complexes on in the planet (Like arcology sized gas stations) and in the upper atmos., of the Gas Giants.

4a: Use of Unrefined Fuel, on Site Fuel skimming, or siphoning is BANNED, and results first in a fine (Cr25,000) or imprisonment. In the past, this was put in place to not have any liability suits from pilots that cant make the skim on the Gas Giants (The Gas Giants have an area of wrecked ships in orbit) and to protect the Oriesian environment by harmful elements and poorly maintained ships. A large part of the population works in fuel, so it is a GREAT affront to be caught with a ship running on U-Fuel. There was also a move to reduce the amount of lawsuits resulting from Misjumps and other fuel related accidents. This is also why the STARPORT was DOWNGRADED from B to C, and Starship construction was moved offworld to DEcitmin, Ambalin, and Ferione.

5. The regimented lifestyle of a typical Oriesian is the result of centuries of Arcology construction and adaptive living. Oriesian Citizens have an internal transponder implanted at birth with a nano-sized implant attached to a Citizen's parasympathetic nervous system. this implant monitors adrenal output/epinephrine levels of all citizens. If the central computer registers a level of these conditions, normally involved with Violence, aggression, County Police are dispatched or a County Marshal to investigate. There are ways around this system, and they are all illegal and result in Imprisonment.

OOC: This ONLY applies to citizens of SYSTEM Ories, below SOC A,. Outworlders of any kind must have an ID wristcom, tied into Central. Outworlders are discretely monitored on facility surveillance.

Last edited by Baron Saarthuran; April 25th, 2014 at 11:22 PM..
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:39 PM

Baron Saarthuran Citizen

(Xboat crosslink )

Rrroger that, Central.. please verify UWP breakdown for me:

1428 Ories C EEA ACE-D M Fl Hi Wa A 702 Pc

Starport C

Size E? 14k miles, iirc.

Atmosphere E? Elipisiod

Hydro A

Population A

Charismatic Oligarchy? Yep.

A Police State? Yep.

TL 13

M = Imperial Army Base, the 5th IA, I think but will have to check & confirm later, but "M" is an IA base when used in the Imperium.

Fl = What kind of fluid? Wet? Do I look like a Planetologist to you?

Hi= High Pop

Wa=Waterworld

A= ? Amber Zone, shows it right there on the starcharts.

About 70 million people? (Request LD Demographics Data) When I get to them, but currently they are unimportant to the plot so are a back burner project.

No Belts ( I think i see an angle)

2 Gas Giants.
Bendor/Glisten/Spinward Marches