Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > In My 2300 Universe

In My 2300 Universe Discussion of non-canon ideas for use in your 2300 Universe

Old February 11th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+
Default (Alt) Cadwall Colony

As noted above, my original plan was to use the 2300 setting for my game. Although I've moved on from there, I did create a number of clusters using NSL2 and DrEvil's sheets/directions for Astrosynthesis.

I was reading Tools for Frontier Living and realized the colony generation tool might be a fun toy. And then I realized how you could actually incorporate it with the genuine NSL's. By developing planets in the reachable NSL stars that were never covered in the game (now accessible via brown dwarfs or other means), you can have the fun of adding to colonies in the 'canon' 2300 universe!
---
Regardless, I decided to play with the system in a star from the #33 Cluster (NSLII?). The data is randomly generated from Astrosynthesis, the rest is from the colony generation tool.

THOUGHTS AFTER USING IT: Too limited. You should be able to 'buy' or choose rank advancements or certain upgrades. Sure, you could handwave it but that's cheating. But it was fun and it definitely created a colonial base that was very 2300 in feel. You could make planning terms 5yrs instead of 10yrs to build bigger ones. The Tier limits are logical but they can take some of the fun out of the process. I'll try a Tier One colony next.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.