View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kaladorn Citizen
I found StarCruiser had some good concepts, but sensors were too deterministic for my taste. I prefer Brilliant Lances, but I play MT and I've found the conversions... troublesome... due to the allocation method for damage by hit location in BL and due to the abscense of MFDs in MT.

Larsen, the problems you are discussing with PP/E and PP/F don't surprise me. I'm on the Full Thrust test list and we've talked lots of times about how difficult it is to work RPG stuff (even something like green or veteran crews) into D6 mechanics. The best results for weapons seem to be range band size adjustments, but for other things like piloting and such, few easy solutions present themselves.

I find Mayday just doesn't cover enough of the kit that is available and doesn't integrate well with MT... <sigh>
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"