View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

I share your concerns. To me a certain 2d6 system trumps the 2d20 system every time

That said the 2d20 system has various levels of crunch, and there are rather a lot of really good subsystems hidden within their various games.

If you check out Infinity you will find some of the best rules for interpersonal 'combat' in the Psywar chapter that could be ripped off whole cloth for the machinations of the Bene Gesserit. Their ship stuff in the GM book for Infinity is not bad at all (one of the few ship combat systems where heat management is included).

Physical combat has the greatest range of choice - Infinity, Conan, JCoM (can't comment on Mutant Chronicles since it's the one I haven't got yet).

I'm ok with 2d20 as the core system, let's face it I will be running it with either Traveller or Genesys regardless, although once my JCoM stuff arrives I will be giving that a thorough go.

There is a chance that they may use one of their other systems for the Dune engine - Coriolis, Cold and Dark, Mindjammer (FATE and Traveller versions) - but I'm not sure if they have licence to do that. They may even invent a new game system.

By the way this is old news, first announced in August, and as yet there has been no further info on the game system. I hope there is a kickstarter in the works...