View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
This is my adaptation, it's really just a combo of T4 and T20:

Armour - divided into two groups, rigid and flexible e.g. cloth armour - flexible AR 6, combat armour - rigid AR 10

Weapons - the usual suspects, each with a number of six sided dice for damage e.g. 3d for civilian slug throwers, 4d for the shotgun, military slug throwers etc.
Some weapons can be armour piercing (ACR DS, gauss rifle), in which case they halve the AR of the armour, others are "blunt" and increase the AR by half again (shotgun).
All laser weapons are armour piercing except against ablat and reflec.

On a successful hit roll damage dice, remove one damage die at a time for each point of effective AR (but note how many are removed) untl only one die of damage remains. Subtract any ramaining AR points from the value of that last remaining die.

[edit]missed a bit. The dice should be removed lowest to highest, e.g. I roll 3,1,5,1 damage for a gauss rifle. The target is wearing combat armour, AR10/2=5 for the GR armour piercing.
So I remove the 1,1, and 3 dice. There are 2 points of AR left over which reduce the 5 to 3.[/edit]

If the armour struck is flexible then kinetic weapons cause one point of damage per "removed" die, in addition to any remaining on the last die.